Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The Battle of Chiapas, 2020 - new beta for testing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> The Battle of Chiapas, 2020 - new beta for testing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Battle of Chiapas, 2020 - new beta for testing - 8/30/2019 9:20:01 PM   
Mgellis

New beta for testing...this one involves a small battle between Mexico and Guatemala.

As always, please let me know what you think. Any suggestions from improving the scenario are welcome.

Thanks!

[version 3 uploaded 11:45 PM EST 9/6/19]

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Mgellis -- 9/7/2019 3:45:40 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: The Battle of Chiapas, 2020 - new beta for testing - 8/31/2019 9:34:54 AM   
templar42

Thanks for this - it was a nice bit of fun on a Saturday afternoon!

Managed to reach a major victory but lost almost all my ground forces due to not launching the PC-7s in a timely manner.

I did feel there wasn't enough of a surface threat. However, I just did some cursory reading and it seems that the Guatemalan Navy really does just have 20mm cannons, so I guess it's realistic. Might it be possible to add one or two boats and have them rush in at flank speed in a tighter group? Currently they approach in a somewhat piecemeal way and I didn't have to divert too much firepower away from the land bombardment.

The only other thing I think might be wise is to add AAA to the invading forces. It seemed a little unbalanced to be able to bomb and strafe them with impunity.

Thanks for a fun scenario!

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 2
RE: The Battle of Chiapas, 2020 - new beta for testing - 9/1/2019 12:13:37 AM   
Mgellis

Uploaded version 2 just now.

I gave Guatemala a bunch of towed AAA. (I tried to make it as close to what they have as I could. The M-55 isn't actually in the database, so I basically edited a group of four trucks down to one truck and 3 single 20mm cannons, since it is a three-barrel weapon).

As always, any feedback is welcome. Anything else I can do to improve the scenario? Any errors in the briefing, the missions, the events, etc.?

Thanks.

(in reply to templar42)
Post #: 3
RE: The Battle of Chiapas, 2020 - new beta for testing - 9/7/2019 12:38:54 AM   
Gunner98

Gave this a couple run throughs. Great little scenario.

I think that the ground attack is a tad too powerful, was not able to stop it either time and that was with the combined fire of all my ships, ground units and AC. Came close the 2nd time but there was not much left and there were still 8 tanks and about 20 light vehicles heading in. The Naval gunfire was slowly picking off the light vehicles but could not touch the tanks and the PC-7s were strafing the light infantry because I had already lost two to gunfire in the main pack.

Perhaps another platoon of ERC-90s or some Milan. The Infantry are fairly useless, I pulled them out and set up a defensive but they were seen before they got a shot off and that was the end of them.

Some nail biting moments, good fun.

Tx

B

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 4
RE: The Battle of Chiapas, 2020 - new beta for testing - 9/7/2019 3:47:43 AM   
Mgellis

Just uploaded version 3. Tweaked the Guatemalan forces, as per Gunner98's comments, and gave Mexico one more platoon of APCs.

As always, please let me know what you think. Is this ready for the Community Scenario Pack or are there other changes, fixes, etc. needed? Thanks!

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 5
RE: The Battle of Chiapas, 2020 - new beta for testing - 9/14/2019 2:23:46 PM   
Mgellis

Any other thoughts about this one? Any changes or corrections needed, or is it ready for the Community Scenario Pack?

Thanks.

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> The Battle of Chiapas, 2020 - new beta for testing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI