Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe has been updated to version Version 1.16.03, and it's huge!
You can download the update from here
Check the changelog below:
Game Engine Changes/Fixes
• fixed a HOTSEAT password issue that kept asking for a NEW PASSWORD.
• fixed a STRENGTH script handling error that did not reduce unit morale as expected.
• fixed a PBEM++ resign game error that did not allow their opponent to subseqently view the turn.
• fixed a combat calculation error that in some cases incorrectly boosted attack result values too high against zero supply or zero morale units.
• fixed an issue where under supplied Air units were in some cases incorrectly being indicated by a purple hatch despite being unable to attach to a more optimal HQ in the area.
• fixed a NEW UNITS placement error that would in a rare case not list the correct placement hexes for a minor unit.
• fixed a PBEM++ Lobby error that would lead to a CTD when the 'Play' button was clicked and
• there were no current games being listed.
• fixed a Research calculation error that would in some rare cases lead to no advancemets when
• there should be some for a particular category.
• fixed a Sub damage and dive error that resulted in Subs regaining their lost strength after diving.
• fixed a HOTSEAT game error that did not always launch start of turn DECISION events from saved turns.
• fixed a renaming of a Transport unit error that did not preserve the amended name.
• all Majors now have their spotting ranges, for land, air and resources, reduced to a range of 1 hex until they are fully mobilized.
• optimized AI land combat calculations to dramatically improve AI speed here by up to 75% when
• there are a lot of land units on the map later in the war.
• HOTSEAT games now have the option to view a replay of your opponent's last turn.
• MOD packages that include modified Media folder items will now also be read and loaded by the game.
• a more informative ZOC highlight is now visible on the map when a unit is selected and enemy ZOC hampers forward movement.
• SETTINGS screen now allows players to change screen resolutions.
• improved AI unit swapping for more optimal combat attack combinations.
• Research screen will now indicate the expected advancement range including all applicable
• bonuses when mouse hovering over the location where a chit is applied. This is only shown when
• Fog of War is not selected.
• Research Breakthroughs can now happen at any time, 45% threshold no longer applies, and the breakthrough range is increased from 15-25% from 10-20%
• Spying and Intelligence research bonus can now only be negated by a higher value from fully mobilized enemy Major, i.e. pre war USSR cannot negate the German bonus.
• Spying and Intelligence research bonus can now only be decreased by a value from a fully mobilized enemy Major, i.e. pre war USSR cannot decrease the German bonus.
• Spying and Intelligence research bonus for a non mobilized Major, can no longer be affected in any way by a mobilized Major, i.e. Germany cannot decrease a pre war USSR bonus.
• HQ units, after amphibiously unloading, start at 10 supply and maintain supply for up to 5 turns with a drop of 2 supply points per turn. This is similar to Special Forces, and allows the HQ to act as a Mulberry for an initial landing until further supply sources are achieved.
HQ distribution supply has been changed to the following:
o HQ supply = 0 will have a distribution supply value of 3 (previously it was 5).
o HQ supply 1 or 2 will have a distribution supply value of 5.
o HQ supply 3 or 4 will have a distribution supply value of 6 (previously it was 8).
o HQ supply 5 will have a distribution supply value of 8.
o HQ supply > 5 will have a distribution supply value of 10.
o HQs (boosting recap) can now only be linked if the first HQ has a supply value >= 3.
o the HQ to be linked must have a supply value < 5 and is now automatically boosted to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 8.
• this will improve distribution supply for boosted HQs that were at 3 or 4 supply (from 6 to 8), and more importantly, will allow them to 'operate' and 'upgrade' now that they are at 5 supply.
• SUPPLY SCRIPT events such as the Malta Supply Reduction event for Axis resources in North Africa, will require #SOURCE_POSITION units to have a strength >= 5 or the event will not fire.
• Suppression as opposed to outright capture of locations such as Malta will now be possible in order to negate the supply reduction effects.
• Editor Changes/Fixes
• fixed an issue where minor nation HQ flag bases were not being properly shown when displaying 3D units.
• 'reflect at capital' option now changed to 'reflect at position' under the Edit Country Data screen.
• added a load and apply custom MOD screen option, allowing editors to turn on or off installed graphical
• MODS at anytime in the Editor.
• mods must be installed in the USER folder for the game, typically Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods mods must be installed in the following format:
o Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods\<modfoldername>
o Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods\<modfoldername>\Bitmaps
o Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods\<modfoldername>\Interface etc.
• Added an additional German AI GUARD position to help better deal with an Italian surrender and for when Italy vacates Tirana.
• All Major HQs can now command Minors in line with their cooperative settings (Mithrilotter).
• The USSR now has an uncooperative setting so that Allied forces will only receive a maximum of 3 supply within Soviet territory, and Red Army HQs can only command Minors' units belonging to countries whose Allied parent is the USSR.
• German National Morale now falls by 10,000 points if Berlin is captured (Mithrilotter).
• Italian 3D units now reflect their facing at Bologna and no longer at Rome.
• USSR scorched earth settings changed from 30 -> 70%, to 30 -> 50% for Settlements, Towns and Fortified Towns, and from 60 -> 80%, to 40 -> 60% for all Cities, Major Cities, Capitals and Major Capitals.
• Malta supply reduction effects amended to a slightly lower reduction range of 1 to 2 strength points per hit. Previously some could be as high as 2 to 3 strength points per hit.
• Increased starting entrenchment for French units in the Maginot Line, and also increased the starting strength and experience of the French Army in Strasbourg (Taxman66).
1940 1939, 1940 Campaigns
• Fixed a rare AI error that would have Italy DoW on Vichy France once France was liberated.
1941 1942 and 1943 Campaigns
• Added several German AI GUARD positions for anti-partisan activity in the USSR.
< Message edited by Daniele -- 8/28/2019 3:19:40 PM >