Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Update v1.16.03

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Update v1.16.03 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 3:18:50 PM   
Daniele

Hi everybody!

Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe has been updated to version Version 1.16.03, and it's huge!

You can download the update from here

Check the changelog below:

Game Engine Changes/Fixes
• fixed a HOTSEAT password issue that kept asking for a NEW PASSWORD.
• fixed a STRENGTH script handling error that did not reduce unit morale as expected.
• fixed a PBEM++ resign game error that did not allow their opponent to subseqently view the turn.
• fixed a combat calculation error that in some cases incorrectly boosted attack result values too high against zero supply or zero morale units.
• fixed an issue where under supplied Air units were in some cases incorrectly being indicated by a purple hatch despite being unable to attach to a more optimal HQ in the area.
• fixed a NEW UNITS placement error that would in a rare case not list the correct placement hexes for a minor unit.
• fixed a PBEM++ Lobby error that would lead to a CTD when the 'Play' button was clicked and
• there were no current games being listed.
• fixed a Research calculation error that would in some rare cases lead to no advancemets when
• there should be some for a particular category.
• fixed a Sub damage and dive error that resulted in Subs regaining their lost strength after diving.
• fixed a HOTSEAT game error that did not always launch start of turn DECISION events from saved turns.
• fixed a renaming of a Transport unit error that did not preserve the amended name.
• all Majors now have their spotting ranges, for land, air and resources, reduced to a range of 1 hex until they are fully mobilized.
• optimized AI land combat calculations to dramatically improve AI speed here by up to 75% when
• there are a lot of land units on the map later in the war.
• HOTSEAT games now have the option to view a replay of your opponent's last turn.
• MOD packages that include modified Media folder items will now also be read and loaded by the game.
• a more informative ZOC highlight is now visible on the map when a unit is selected and enemy ZOC hampers forward movement.
• SETTINGS screen now allows players to change screen resolutions.
• improved AI unit swapping for more optimal combat attack combinations.
• Research screen will now indicate the expected advancement range including all applicable
• bonuses when mouse hovering over the location where a chit is applied. This is only shown when
• Fog of War is not selected.
• Research Breakthroughs can now happen at any time, 45% threshold no longer applies, and the breakthrough range is increased from 15-25% from 10-20%
• Spying and Intelligence research bonus can now only be negated by a higher value from fully mobilized enemy Major, i.e. pre war USSR cannot negate the German bonus.
• Spying and Intelligence research bonus can now only be decreased by a value from a fully mobilized enemy Major, i.e. pre war USSR cannot decrease the German bonus.
• Spying and Intelligence research bonus for a non mobilized Major, can no longer be affected in any way by a mobilized Major, i.e. Germany cannot decrease a pre war USSR bonus.
• HQ units, after amphibiously unloading, start at 10 supply and maintain supply for up to 5 turns with a drop of 2 supply points per turn. This is similar to Special Forces, and allows the HQ to act as a Mulberry for an initial landing until further supply sources are achieved.

HQ distribution supply has been changed to the following:
o HQ supply = 0 will have a distribution supply value of 3 (previously it was 5).
o HQ supply 1 or 2 will have a distribution supply value of 5.
o HQ supply 3 or 4 will have a distribution supply value of 6 (previously it was 8).
o HQ supply 5 will have a distribution supply value of 8.
o HQ supply > 5 will have a distribution supply value of 10.
o HQs (boosting recap) can now only be linked if the first HQ has a supply value >= 3.
o the HQ to be linked must have a supply value < 5 and is now automatically boosted to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 8.

• this will improve distribution supply for boosted HQs that were at 3 or 4 supply (from 6 to 8), and more importantly, will allow them to 'operate' and 'upgrade' now that they are at 5 supply.
• SUPPLY SCRIPT events such as the Malta Supply Reduction event for Axis resources in North Africa, will require #SOURCE_POSITION units to have a strength >= 5 or the event will not fire.
• Suppression as opposed to outright capture of locations such as Malta will now be possible in order to negate the supply reduction effects.
• Editor Changes/Fixes
• fixed an issue where minor nation HQ flag bases were not being properly shown when displaying 3D units.
• 'reflect at capital' option now changed to 'reflect at position' under the Edit Country Data screen.
• added a load and apply custom MOD screen option, allowing editors to turn on or off installed graphical
• MODS at anytime in the Editor.
• mods must be installed in the USER folder for the game, typically Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods mods must be installed in the following format:

o Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods\<modfoldername>
o Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods\<modfoldername>\Bitmaps
o Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods\<modfoldername>\Interface etc.

All Campaigns
• Added an additional German AI GUARD position to help better deal with an Italian surrender and for when Italy vacates Tirana.
• All Major HQs can now command Minors in line with their cooperative settings (Mithrilotter).
• The USSR now has an uncooperative setting so that Allied forces will only receive a maximum of 3 supply within Soviet territory, and Red Army HQs can only command Minors' units belonging to countries whose Allied parent is the USSR.
• German National Morale now falls by 10,000 points if Berlin is captured (Mithrilotter).
• Italian 3D units now reflect their facing at Bologna and no longer at Rome.
• USSR scorched earth settings changed from 30 -> 70%, to 30 -> 50% for Settlements, Towns and Fortified Towns, and from 60 -> 80%, to 40 -> 60% for all Cities, Major Cities, Capitals and Major Capitals.
• Malta supply reduction effects amended to a slightly lower reduction range of 1 to 2 strength points per hit. Previously some could be as high as 2 to 3 strength points per hit.

1939 paign
• Increased starting entrenchment for French units in the Maginot Line, and also increased the starting strength and experience of the French Army in Strasbourg (Taxman66).

1940 1939, 1940 Campaigns
• Fixed a rare AI error that would have Italy DoW on Vichy France once France was liberated.

1941 1942 and 1943 Campaigns
• Added several German AI GUARD positions for anti-partisan activity in the USSR.

< Message edited by Daniele -- 8/28/2019 3:19:40 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 3:36:32 PM   
The Land

Does this fix the problem with turns being too many days long in the previous version?

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 3:45:36 PM   
Hartmann

Thanks. Some things on the list sound familiar, though, as if they'd been already in place before - like HQ supply and HQs acting as mulberrys for example.

< Message edited by Hartmann -- 8/28/2019 3:46:03 PM >

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 3
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 4:21:38 PM   
Taxman66

That research calculation error is not so rare. I have lost count of how many 2% increases I've seen that should be 3 minnimums. I've even seen a 1% increase (Russia trying to get to Infantry Weapons 3).

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to Hartmann)
Post #: 4
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 4:31:05 PM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Land

Does this fix the problem with turns being too many days long in the previous version?

I see in the last update thread that Hubert said this was in the works for this patch but as I don't see it in the changelog would be great to have confirmation :)

Thanks! Otherwise look forward to playing this version

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 5
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 5:35:52 PM   
Taxman66

Hopefully it was just accidently omitted in the changelog.

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 6
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 5:36:09 PM   
Hubert Cater

Yes the turn length fix should be in there as well even if we forgot to list it above.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 7
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 6:12:40 PM   
nnason

What if any will the changes be done to World at War?

Live Long and Prosper,
Noah Nason
LTC Field Artillery
US Army Retired

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 8
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 8:15:44 PM   
PvtBenjamin

I thought there was going to be a change to troop supply when countries are first DOW on(now zero for Holland, Belgium & Soviet reinforcements, etc).

This to offset new 0 supply combat rules.

Is it in there and I'm missing it?

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 9
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 9:09:04 PM   
The Land

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Yes the turn length fix should be in there as well even if we forgot to list it above.

Great, many thanks! I look forward to playing with this version :)

Post #: 10
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 9:11:46 PM   
El Condoro

I cannot open PBEM turns - getting a Error [2] File Read Error message.

I am still on 16.02 as these games were being played with it.

[Edit]: NM. I just needed to restart the game - I had it open when the update went through - it upgraded to 16.03 and all good.

< Message edited by El Condoro -- 8/28/2019 9:34:35 PM >

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 11
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 9:41:39 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: nnason
What if any will the changes be done to World at War?

Game engine core functionality will be more or less be the exact same in the next World at War update, which if all goes well should be fairly soon.

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 12
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 9:43:52 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: PvtBenjamin
I thought there was going to be a change to troop supply when countries are first DOW on(now zero for Holland, Belgium & Soviet reinforcements, etc).

This to offset new 0 supply combat rules.

Is it in there and I'm missing it?

Looks like we've forgot to list that as well, but that is corrected/adjusted back to what it was previously, i.e. no longer zero for first DoW Minor units such as Holland as well as for the initial Soviet reinforcements during Barbarossa.

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 13
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/28/2019 11:53:55 PM   
Cataphract88

After applying the patch the game has gone wide screen and I have lost much of the top and bottom of the screen. Any ideas how to remedy this?

Richard

Post #: 14
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 12:12:44 AM   
Taxman66

Go to Settings and adjust your resolution to fit your monitor.

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 15
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 12:24:34 AM   
Taxman66

Can we (perhaps in a new thread) get a better description with examples of the new HQ linking supply rules (pretty please)?

If 1 HQ is sitting on a Supply 3 hex it generates 6 supply now instead of 8. Clear enough.
If there is a 2nd HQ linked to the first the 2nd HQ will get a supply of 5(8).

What exactly constitutes a good 'Link'?
How far away can the 2nd HQ be?
Does the 2nd HQ have to be getting at least 1 supply from the 1st? Or does it simply have to be in Command Range (and thus work through Swamps)?

Example/Questions:
If the 2nd HQ is in a hex that otherwise would be 1 supply (i.e. 5 hexes from 1st HQ), does HQ #2 still get to produce 5(8) supply! That's effectively more than HQ 1 is putting out.

If 2 HQs are both sitting on base supply 3 hexes do they link to each other and both put out 5(8) supply?

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 16
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 6:25:15 AM   
Sugar

I guess the second HQ has to sit on a hex, where the 1. distributes 3 supply at least to be able to provide 8 supply itself, while the first provides only 6 supply.

Not much of a change for one side I guess, sadly the same side with the monopoly on strat. bombers.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 17
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 9:02:46 AM   
Cataphract88

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

Go to Settings and adjust your resolution to fit your monitor.

This was the first thing that I tried, but the resolution was set correctly already and would not let me alter it anyway. Also, the 'Full Screen' box is greyed out, as is the radio button next to it.

I have never had any problems with this game before the new patch.

Richard

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 18
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 1:44:16 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi Cataphract88,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, could you tell me what your desktop resolution is? Also could you tell me if you are running with scaling, i.e. 125% scaling for your screen as well?

This info can be found in your Display Settings section, and here is an article that has some info on how to access this on your PC:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/4597/windows-10-feature-focus-display-scaling

Hubert

Post #: 19
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 2:07:45 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Does the 2nd HQ have to be getting at least 1 supply from the 1st?

Yes

quote:

If the 2nd HQ is in a hex that otherwise would be 1 supply (i.e. 5 hexes from 1st HQ), does HQ #2 still get to produce 5(8) supply! That's effectively more than HQ 1 is putting out.

Correct, this is essentially the idea/purpose of supply boosting via another HQ. We used to call it linking, but we are internally already referring to this as boosting and will refer to it this way going forward as boosting seems to be more apt a description of what is actually happening.

quote:

If 2 HQs are both sitting on base supply 3 hexes do they link to each other and both put out 5(8) supply?

No, only one HQ will boost the other and then that is it. There is no back and forth boosting.

Essentially the rules are still the same for HQ boosting, from one to another, just the values have changed slightly as outlined in the release notes, for ideally improved game play overall.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 20
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 2:37:24 PM   
Taxman66

How is it determined which HQ is getting boosted? If 2 HQs are sitting on 3 supply hexes, how is it determined which will provide 6 and which provides 8?
Can it be manually changed?

How many HQs can a HQ boost? (This is just to confirm what appears by your answer to be a single 1 way boost that can't be chained)

Can a HQ receiving a boost provide one to a 3rd HQ, and so forth? (This is just to confirm what appears by your answer to be a single 1 way boost that can't be chained)

Can co-operating Major power HQs (e.g. US & UK or GE & IT) boost each other?

Can a minor HQ boost a co-operating Major power HQ, or vice versa (e.g. Canadian HQ & US HQ or Romanian HQ & Italian HQ)?

Can non co-operating Minor HQs boost each other (e.g. Romanian & Hungarian HQs)?

----
Am I wrong or is this making Supply easier in many (not all) cases? Frex: The long stretch between Trans-Jordan and Iraq.

Post #: 21
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 3:28:56 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

How is it determined which HQ is getting boosted? If 2 HQs are sitting on 3 supply hexes, how is it determined which will provide 6 and which provides 8?
Can it be manually changed?

I believe in this case the engine will attempt to have the lower rated HQ boost the higher rated one. If they are the same then it would be random. No it cannot be changed manually as this is all automatically handled.

quote:

How many HQs can a HQ boost? (This is just to confirm what appears by your answer to be a single 1 way boost that can't be chained)

Just one HQ

quote:

Can a HQ receiving a boost provide one to a 3rd HQ, and so forth? (This is just to confirm what appears by your answer to be a single 1 way boost that can't be chained)

No

quote:

Can co-operating Major power HQs (e.g. US & UK or GE & IT) boost each other?

Yes

quote:

Can a minor HQ boost a co-operating Major power HQ, or vice versa (e.g. Canadian HQ & US HQ or Romanian HQ & Italian HQ)?

Yes, so long as they are cooperative this should be the case

quote:

Can non co-operating Minor HQs boost each other (e.g. Romanian & Hungarian HQs)?

No

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 22
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 4:22:19 PM   
The Land

So a worked example - could also be done with pictures :)

An Italian HQ is on a 5-value resource on the North African coast. The Italian HQ has an effective supply of 8.

A German HQ is in the next hex. This has a "raw" supply value of 4 from the resource. The German HQ is boosted to 5, because of the Italian HQ, and now gives effective supply of 8.

The German HQ can move further away from the Italian HQ, and is still boosted, so long as it is in a position to receive any supply from the Italian HQ.

If the original resource loses 1 or 2 Supply points (down to 3 or 4) due to e.g. strategic bombing, then the Italian HQ now has effective supply of 6. This reduces the distance at which the German HQ will receive boosting and if the German HQ is now out of the reach of the Italian HQ then the German HQ will revert to its natural supply level (very likely 0 (3)).

If the original resource loses 3 Supply points down to 2, then the Italian HQ now has effective supply of 5. Regardless of the location of the German HQ, it can no longer be boosted by the Italian HQ. If the German HQ is next to the resource, it will be 1(5). If it is any further away it will be 0(3).

Is that all correct?

Also, can an HQ provide a boost when its own supply value is down to an amphibious landing?

Post #: 23
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 5:06:39 PM   
Cataphract88

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Hi Cataphract88,

Sorry to hear about the trouble, could you tell me what your desktop resolution is? Also could you tell me if you are running with scaling, i.e. 125% scaling for your screen as well?

This info can be found in your Display Settings section, and here is an article that has some info on how to access this on your PC:

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/4597/windows-10-feature-focus-display-scaling

Hubert

Hi Hubert,

My desktop resolution is 1920 x 1200, and scaling is 150%.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Post #: 24
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 5:18:41 PM   
Taxman66

I would bet the scaling is the problem.

Post #: 25
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 6:11:57 PM   
Taxman66

quote:

I believe in this case the engine will attempt to have the lower rated HQ boost the higher rated one. If they are the same then it would be random. No it cannot be changed manually as this is all automatically handled.

That could be tactically... challenging.
We will have to be careful when advancing (and possibly retreating) to keep in mind which HQ is the booster and which the boostie.
Also have to keep in mind what might happen if a 3rd (or more HQ) comes into range. Things can get screwy or at least hard to figure out.

If/since there is no way to manually pick booster/boostie;
Would it be possible to add boosting information to either the hover text, and/or the unit information box at the bottom of the UI?
Something along the lines of:
"Boosting Eisenhower"
"Receiving boost from Patton

-----
Observations for fellow gamers to be aware of:

Be careful the Next Turn Supply function/calculator may not be accurate as while it could/might take into account current Booster/Boostie status, if that status changes by introduction of additional HQ within range it could be wrong.
For example, You are relying on HQ#1 to boost HQ#2, but HQ#1 might suddenly switch to boosting a 3rd HQ that just comes into range (or if it's own booster/boostie status changes by moving a 4th HQ). This might deprive HQ#2 of a boost.

I also presume that Booster/Boostie status could also possibly flip-flop between turns.
For example: If HQ#1 is higher rated but further in the back (say linked with air units), and HQ#2 is more forward (linked to ground units). Due to Supply values HQ#1 is currently boosting HQ#2.
HQ#2 might suddenly reverse status with HQ#1
Possibly due to movement; or the change in intrinsic supply if it is increased by a nearby supply source repairing/getting damaged; or by damage to one HQ or the other.

Post #: 26
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 8:07:46 PM   
Sugar

In SC WW1 Breakthrough you needed 1 supply to provide 8 and 6 to provide 10. Done.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 27
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/29/2019 8:40:58 PM   
Cataphract88

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

I would bet the scaling is the problem.

Then you would be right, Taxman!

What I did to resolve the problem (for anybody else in the same boat) was to change the scaling to 100%, turn the game on, turn it off, change the scaling back to 150% and turn the game back on again.

Now it works as it should again - case closed (or so I hope).

Richard

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 28
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/30/2019 12:17:31 PM   
Hartmann301

Can we upgrade with games currently in progress?

Post #: 29
RE: Update v1.16.03 - 8/30/2019 12:45:11 PM   
Taxman66

yes

(in reply to Hartmann301)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Update v1.16.03 Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI