Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM - 8/26/2019 5:54:18 PM   
z1812

I am wondering if a generated battle can be played as a PBEM.

Can it be saved as scenario?
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM - 8/26/2019 6:16:48 PM   
Big Ivan

Sure why not. Generated battles are usually saved in the system as a "Random" battle. Example: Random0, Random1, Random2 etc. The corresponding map and org file are named the same.

You can play them PBEM but you may have to adjust the victory conditions before sending the random battle to your opponent. That's because Random battles don't populate the victory conditions but instead are all set as "zero".

You'll have to zip up the Random scenario, org and map file so your opponent has it in his system. It won't work otherwise because the scenario file is directly dependent on the corresponding map and org files.

In this way you can start the Random battle under PBEM, play your turn and send it to your opponent. He has your previous zip of all three files so it will open up on his side!

If you would like to give it a try I can help set that up for you and we can play against each other.

My e-mail is: jpirman555[at]gmail[dot]com

Hope this helps!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM - 8/27/2019 12:15:14 AM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

Sure why not. Generated battles are usually saved in the system as a "Random" battle. Example: Random0, Random1, Random2 etc. The corresponding map and org file are named the same.

You can play them PBEM but you may have to adjust the victory conditions before sending the random battle to your opponent. That's because Random battles don't populate the victory conditions but instead are all set as "zero".

You'll have to zip up the Random scenario, org and map file so your opponent has it in his system. It won't work otherwise because the scenario file is directly dependent on the corresponding map and org files.

In this way you can start the Random battle under PBEM, play your turn and send it to your opponent. He has your previous zip of all three files so it will open up on his side!

If you would like to give it a try I can help set that up for you and we can play against each other.

My e-mail is: jpirman555[at]gmail[dot]com

Hope this helps!

Hi,and thanks for your reply,and your offer of a match and help with the process. Unfortunately I don't have room or time for another PBEM.

I thought to make a Generated Battle to play with my usual opponent as our current game will finish soon. I have looked at the file structure and as usual, if I keep things organized and named properly, all will be well. I hope.

I have copied your email and perhaps time will allow a game in the future if you are available.

Thanks Again!

John

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM - 8/27/2019 5:29:42 AM   
Crossroads

Here’s a Developer Diary on Battle Generator I wrote back in the time for JTCS 2.0 release. It goes a bit further as how to tweak the system for a desired output:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3610165

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam | CS: East Front 1939-1941 IN-THE-WORKS
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 Fully reimaged v2.0 available now!

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM - 8/27/2019 12:41:28 PM   
z1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

Here’s a Developer Diary on Battle Generator I wrote back in the time for JTCS 2.0 release. It goes a bit further as how to tweak the system for a desired output:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3610165

Thank you for your response Crossroads.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI