Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

cannot get full screen to work

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> cannot get full screen to work Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cannot get full screen to work - 8/25/2019 2:27:01 PM   
Hanzberger

Sorry guys if this has been covered.
So I did DL seabees, the only problem is that it gets glitchy. This is not my question.
I want to get the 'regular' game to run in full screen, tried using -f -fd etc nothing seems to work. any reason why it would not work? It runs on -wd Problem with that is I cannot see the full bottom of the screen. (so if there is a work around on this, that would be ideal)

The reason I do not want to use seabees, the ship art bounces around and sometimes, I believe, the stuff going on in my computer (background) makes it go a little nuts..

Post #: 1
RE: cannot get full screen to work - 8/25/2019 2:50:28 PM   
Korvar

Respectfully, you don't understand enough about how the game or SeaBee works technically to make a determination it is 'glitchy'. In fact, SeaBee appears glitchy because it works and is being fed wrong instructions. The answer you seek is five lines/threads above this thread:

In that thread I discuss how using windowed mode is ideal for game performance, and the glitchiness you describe is a symptom of an un-centered game window.

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 2
RE: cannot get full screen to work - 8/25/2019 3:09:57 PM   
Hanzberger

I will check it out thanks

(in reply to Korvar)
Post #: 3
RE: cannot get full screen to work - 8/25/2019 4:23:50 PM   
Admiral DadMan

The reason that the ship art bounces in Windowed Mode is that you have to set the program's resolution to slightly smaller than your screen size

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Hanzberger)
Post #: 4
RE: cannot get full screen to work - 8/25/2019 9:49:46 PM   
Korvar

Setting the game resolution smaller than your screen size is an easy way to handle the problem; of course, you do lose some screen 'real estate' doing so. It may not be a big issue if you're using a higher resolution - say a 4k monitor and running the game in 1920x1080. In that situation you could fit a good sized game screen as well as Tracker, Combat Reporter, and maybe a few other things on a single screen. Even if you don't have a huge monitor, you may decide losing a bit of space is preferable to spending the extra effort to get it working in "Fullscreen Windowed" mode (see below) just right.

If you do want to use all of a single monitor for the game, using windowed mode has more to do with how the game renders windowed vs. fullscreen mode. The game tends to handle windowed mode better both in terms of performance and in the ease of accessing other applications, but doing so introduces the application title bar at the top and window frame around the sides. I've tried tricks in Windows to remove these, but the game does not respond well to it. If I had succeeded doing that, it would have been equivalent to the "Borderless Windowed" mode you see in a lot of games today. Instead, I settled on hiding the title bar and frame offscreen, which I describe how to do in the "Fullscreen Windowed" Guide referenced above. It is the way to get "the best of both worlds" - the game running in windowed mode while enjoying a fullscreen experience.

If all this "fullscreen" vs. "windowed" stuff is confusing, think of fullscreen mode as an automatic transmission in a car. The game is figuring out how to "shift" the game window to use the whole screen for you. Windowed mode would then be a manual transmission - it has the same number of gears as the auto (i.e. a windowed application can still fill the entire screen), but now you're responsible for "shifting" the game to where you want it to be.

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> cannot get full screen to work Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI