Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Interdiction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Interdiction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Interdiction - 8/25/2019 1:21:26 AM   
canuckgamer

I just completed my second campaign game and I think it is too easy to contain an invasion by using operational movement. Historically the Allies disrupted the rail lines in to Normandy for months prior to D-Day plus the Germans had a tough time bringing up reinforcements on roads as well since the Allies had total air superiority. It was a key factor in the success of Overlord.
How about some sort of interdiction bombing of railroads and or units using operational movement?
Post #: 1
RE: Interdiction - 8/25/2019 11:55:24 AM   
Sugar

You can prevent operational movement by strat. bombing cities and towns along the railway lines. Operational movement requires 5 supply.

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 2
RE: Interdiction - 8/25/2019 12:06:30 PM   
Gilber

quote:

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer

I just completed my second campaign game and I think it is too easy to contain an invasion by using operational movement. Historically the Allies disrupted the rail lines in to Normandy for months prior to D-Day plus the Germans had a tough time bringing up reinforcements on roads as well since the Allies had total air superiority. It was a key factor in the success of Overlord.
How about some sort of interdiction bombing of railroads and or units using operational movement?

I fully agree that the operational movement poses problems of realism. in 1944 the player of the axis can very well move in 1 turn a very large quantity of unit from one front to the other which is very far from the historical reality. I think that to be closer to reality it would be necessary to limit the number of units that can be moved in one turn.

Gilles

(in reply to canuckgamer)
Post #: 3
RE: Interdiction - 8/25/2019 6:19:30 PM   
BillRunacre

Before I invade I would do as Sugar suggests and ensure that there is a ring of badly bombed towns and cities around where you want to invade, so that even if the Germans operate units to the west when you invade, they cannot operate to the region where you are landing. Instead they will have to operate to somewhere outside that region, and then either march or forced march to the battlefield.

This takes time and means they will likely arrive in a more piecemeal and (especially if they force march) at less than peak morale when they enter combat.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Gilber)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Interdiction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI