Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multi Multi-Player

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Multi Multi-Player Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multi Multi-Player - 8/21/2019 10:20:29 PM   
ELGuapo19

What are the chances of getting a PBEM function that allows for Multiple (more than 2) Players?
Say that there were 12 players wanting to play this game (or even GGWitW) at the same time … 6 players versus 6 players...
Why can't we get a PBEM feature that allows 'Teams' like this … for example: one player is assigned specific units (or functions) like Commander of Army Group North, while another player is assigned Army Group South.. while a third player is given control of the Air Forces, etc. Each team member sends their 'Moves' to their sides 'Commander' (a player given the responsibility of compiling his team's moves into one master PBEM file that is then sent to the opposing side). As the 'Commander' compiles all his team's moves... any conflicting moves (Say... two different team members somehow each entered a move for the same Unit...) The 'Commander would be notified and they can then correct the situation. Once the Commander is satisfied with his Team's current move, he can then send the compiled PBEM file to the opposing team. The opposing Team can then conduct their moves and send them in to THEIR Commander...etc...etc...rinse and repeat?
By allowing multiple players to be able to input moves for a smaller subset of the whole...IMHO... would greatly enhance the enjoyment, popularity, and even just the basic playability of Monster Games such as these.
Just an item for my Wish List
Post #: 1
RE: Multi Multi-Player - 8/21/2019 10:28:40 PM   
Telemecus

Would this 4 player against 4 player game of WitE be an example of what you want?

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4250683

This was strictly sequential rather than simultaneous and I have discussed with developers already how they could make some of it easier by the interface. Post 12 there is really our way to get over the interface problems for the team game as it is now.

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 8/21/2019 10:37:14 PM >

(in reply to ELGuapo19)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Multi Multi-Player Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI