Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HQs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> HQs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HQs - 8/19/2019 8:22:06 PM   
tyronec

So playing Alamein I have 3 Corps HQs and 1 Army HQ.
Two of them have corps artillery or AA units directly attached, so I guess it is good to have them adjacent to their artillery.
Otherwise what effect do they have on the game ?
Post #: 1
RE: HQs - 8/19/2019 9:34:39 PM   
Lobster

Supply boost for adjacent cooperative units.

HQ Bias Effects The level of resupply possible for a unit increases by 50% if a cooperative Headquarters unit is located with or adjacent to a unit. See Cooperative Units (8.6.1). If a Headquarters unit assigned to a Formation is destroyed, or if any assigned Support squads have been eliminated, the Formation’s Supply Distribution Efficiency is reduced. You should protect your Headquarters units to avoid these serious disruptions to unit resupply.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 8/19/2019 9:37:14 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 2
RE: HQs - 8/20/2019 8:37:37 AM   
tyronec

So high level HQs work like an extra free HQ in the same level that low level ones do.
So in this scenario I should maybe use Division HQs one hex behind the front line and Corps and Army HQs to boost the artillery which is sitting a few hexes back ?

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
RE: HQs - 8/20/2019 11:37:56 AM   
Zovs

It's not an exact science, it depends on a number of factors. Mainly how the scenario designer designed the scenario. Some (I do) will add support and command squads to HQ if these are present then bad things can happen if a HQ is in the front lines or hit by air or whatever. I don't believe that it matters per see on organizational grounds in the game.

For example a Corps HQ is really not that much different then a Divisional or Brigade HQ, other than the fact of how it's TOE's are designed or implemented by the scenario designer. So it really does not make a difference like how for example HQ's work in WITE or WITW. In other words a Corps HQ is not really in charge of the attached Division HQ in TOAW, however the scenario designer can factor this in to one extent or another, but its not truly a command like system with an Army HQ in control of several Corps HQ and those Corps HQ in charge of several Division HQs and then those Division HQ in charge of their various Brigade or Regiment HQs and so forth.

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario & campaign creator

(in reply to tyronec)
Post #: 4
RE: HQs - 8/20/2019 5:01:12 PM   
Lobster

Bottom line is HQ in this game are not properly simulated. You can do many things that would not have been attempted in the real world. Perhaps when we get hierarchy this will change.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> HQs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI