Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to move crew served weapons and change passengers of APCs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> How to move crew served weapons and change passengers of APCs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to move crew served weapons and change passengers o... - 8/19/2019 7:42:07 PM   
Uller71

Is there a way to use an APC to move crew served weapons such as HMGs and ATGMs? For example if your TOW missile launcher finds itself about to be overrunn or in a position where it no longer has any chance of firing on a viable target, it'd be nice to load it up on an APC or truck and redeploy to a better location.

Also can you designate a different passenger for an APC? For instance if half a mech inf platoon is wiped out and now have one squad with no APC and an APC with no squad it would be nice to redesgnate what unit is the passenger for the surving APC.
Post #: 1
RE: How to move crew served weapons and change passenge... - 8/20/2019 3:44:21 AM   
exsonic01

For both your questions, answers are no.

First, you cannot "tow" anything in this game. No field AT gun neither ATGM with tow truck in this game.
Second, in this game, infantry can load/unload only from their dedicated APC. Unit with no dedicated APC won't have a chance to ride anything.
Third, all support section infantries has no APC / AFV.

Currently, devs couldn't put them in AB due to AI-player balance. They can introduce those features, but they can't make AI perform such actions tactically sounding manner. I wish they make them available in near future.

(in reply to Uller71)
Post #: 2
RE: How to move crew served weapons and change passenge... - 8/20/2019 1:38:56 PM   
Uller71

I figured as much and I understand the reasoning. What made me wonder was I started the Defending Fulda campaign and got two ATGM teams that were nearly useless in a meeting engagement so I started to wonder if I was missing something. Oh well.

I did manage to find a spot for them right on the edge of my deployment zone that allowed them to take out a few recon vehicles early in the battle. But after that they didn't serve much purpose.

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 3
RE: How to move crew served weapons and change passenge... - 8/22/2019 12:34:18 AM   
exsonic01

I agree, currently, support units like HMG, AGL, ATGM, and RR teams are totally inoperable in meeting engagement and assault game, which limits some good tactical approach. Hope they find the answer soon.

(in reply to Uller71)
Post #: 4
RE: How to move crew served weapons and change passenge... - 8/22/2019 6:13:45 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: exsonic01

I agree, currently, support units like HMG, AGL, ATGM, and RR teams are totally inoperable in meeting engagement and assault game, which limits some good tactical approach. Hope they find the answer soon.

They can be very useful later in a campaign when you're defending. Perhaps you can use them to protect you in any mission, if you're playing as the 'player character' unit.

Know thyself!

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> How to move crew served weapons and change passengers of APCs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI