Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Infantry vulnerability

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> MODS and Scenarios >> Infantry vulnerability Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Infantry vulnerability - 8/19/2019 2:37:16 AM   
Rosseau

I've seen this vary as high as 85, meaning high vulnerability. Would lowering to 70 or 75 cook my goose realism-wise?

Would 55 make infantry almost invulnerable? Not sure of the strength of the affect.

Also, probably dumb to model modern body armor in the armor section of infantry units, which is always "0"

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Infantry vulnerability - 8/20/2019 5:40:44 PM   
wodin

I always find most games Infantry are way to vulnerable. A big negative for me that. AB isn't to bad compared to most.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 2
RE: Infantry vulnerability - 8/21/2019 3:47:05 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

I've seen this vary as high as 85, meaning high vulnerability. Would lowering to 70 or 75 cook my goose realism-wise?

Would 55 make infantry almost invulnerable? Not sure of the strength of the affect.

Also, probably dumb to model modern body armor in the armor section of infantry units, which is always "0"

Thanks!

It's very subjective what is 'realistic'. A long time ago some thought that infantry is too easy to kill, so the 'infantryVulnerability' attribute was added. It's like an extra dice roll that gives an infantryman a chance to survive. If it's 100 then his probability to become a casualty is 100%. If it's 5 then the chance is 5%.

I remember somebody modded infantry by giving them armor values, but that's not officially supported or tested in any way.

Know thyself!

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 3
RE: Infantry vulnerability - 8/21/2019 8:54:15 PM   
CCIP-subsim

I'd say give it a try and see what happens! And it is indeed an extremely subjective thing, so arguments could be made for a pretty wide range of possible numbers, depending on what you're trying to model.
In my own work on the Chechnya mod, I use about 40 for most of the separatist infantry units, and lower (down to 25 in a couple of edge cases). I definitely feel like those are too low for "normal" Armored Brigade, even just based on the number of rounds that end up getting expended trying to kill them - but it generally works for the kind of asymmetric, urban warfare situation that I'm trying to model (and compensated for with weapon loadouts).

For typical Armored Brigade situations - I don't think I'd go below 70. Honestly, I think a lot depends on how you use and counter infantry in the game. The game's default way of treating infantry is in no way unreasonable, but probably not very conducive to certain kinds of tactics.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> MODS and Scenarios >> Infantry vulnerability Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI