Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Airbase with port - can't assign as new home base for AC

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Airbase with port - can't assign as new home base for AC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Airbase with port - can't assign as new home base for AC - 8/14/2019 10:37:25 PM   
Whicker

I have a combo airbase with port - planes that are already based there can take off and land, but if I have a plane that is airborne and I want to assign it to that combo base to be its new home base I get 'Failed to set xyz as the new base for unit xyz'.

Seems like it checks if the base is suitable and sees the pier first and assumes it is not suitable?

I would like to have them as one facility just for simplicity - they are next to each other and it is difficult to select the correct one when zoomed out to a normal view. That and it makes it a little easier on the AI side to target the base.

It seems ok for ships - I can assign a ship to use the combo base as its new base no problem.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Airbase with port - can't assign as new home base f... - 8/15/2019 6:16:38 PM   
benefant

i test this
1 give one more runway access point
i delete the one aircraft who will not land at the combi base

set new aircrafts - all works normally

benefant

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 2
RE: Airbase with port - can't assign as new home base f... - 8/16/2019 1:36:36 AM   
Whicker

thanks for testing.

I still think it is not working but I did find a new wrinkle:

if I insert a new AC to the sky - not the base - and tell it to use the combo base, it will show in the log that it Failed, but on the unit it is set to the combo base ad home base, and if you tell it to land it will land there.

But, that is not a normal use case, the normal use case is an AC is assigned to one base and you want to change it to another - I cannot get that to work at all. So if it is a new unit created in thin air it has no base, and it will allow it to land at the combo base even though the log says it failed. But an existing unit assigned to the other base cannot be changed to land at the combo base.

Can you verify that?

(in reply to benefant)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Airbase with port - can't assign as new home base for AC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI