Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Grossdeutschland Historical Module for Heroes and Leaders mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: Grossdeutschland Historical Module for Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Grossdeutschland Historical Module for Heroes and L... - 11/1/2020 7:30:54 AM   
CHINCHIN

Hello Asl3d,

In the Russian tank BA 64 something is wrong, or it has no armament or it has no sound assigned.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 151
RE: Grossdeutschland Historical Module for Heroes and L... - 11/1/2020 6:01:30 PM   
asl3d

Hello Chinchin,

If you're right. When I tested the scenarios, I already saw that, although the Russian tank BA 64 fired, nonetheless there was no attack. I tried to find out what was happening but could not find out.

To your questions, YES it has sound assigned, and YES it has FP and range in its main armament but ..... it does not work. Why?

I've already figured it out. I don't know what the reason is, but I have been able to solve it.

Although the vehicle has FP and Range in the main armament (LMG), it does not have FP and Range in the "Vehicle MG # 1" and "MG # 1 Range" cells of the Unit matrix. Now, I've copied the FP and Range of the main armament into these cells of the Units matrix, and everything works now. I don't understand why, but it works.

Not only the Russian tank BA 64 was affected but also the T27 LMG, the BA 20, and the T37 LMG.

I have already corrected the Units matrix and it's available, already corrected and can be downloaded now in the usual Scenarios pack.

I have taken the opportunity to modify also all the Spooters in the Units matrix ("Super Spotter (1-5)")

I no longer remember the many helps you are giving me so, for "n + 1" times, thank you very much.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 152
RE: Grossdeutschland Historical Module for Heroes and L... - 11/1/2020 8:19:01 PM   
CHINCHIN

Hello Asl3d,

Thanks to you for this wonderful mod, I am happy to help.

On the Borodayenka scenario there is still a leader carried by a platoon in A8. Another thing I see that the SS units have the German nationality and not the SS nationality, why did you do it like that?

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 153
RE: Grossdeutschland Historical Module for Heroes and L... - 11/2/2020 5:02:18 PM   
asl3d

Hello Chinchin,

Borodayenka:

You are right. It's another mistake. Now I have corrected it. The GD Borodyanka scenario, already corrected again, can be downloaded now in the usual Scenarios pack (release 4.38.3).

SS units:

There are several reasons why I have decided that the nationality of the SS units is the same as that of the rest of the units in Germany.

The first reason is that I do not share the point of view of the original designers of the HoS game (by the way, the SS units did not fight in Stalingrad).

It's true that Waffen SS units did not usually surrender, especially on the Eastern front, but in the HoS game there is no concept of surrender. That is, when a unit in Good Order invades a hex containing a Broken enemy unit, this unit is eliminated and NOT prisoner. Preventing the Broken unit from being automatically eliminated and first attempting to auto-rally prior to the invasion by the enemy Good Order unit is typical of desperate and fanatical units. The SS units were ideologized but not to this level, much less on any front.

What was true is that the Waffen SS were the best equipped troops in the German Army, so they had superior combat capacity and better training. But that is not fanaticism but technological superiority. It's something similar to what happened with the United States Army units, where its units, for most of the war, had a lot and, at times, better combat equipment.

In short, I have preferred to leave the qualities of Patriotism and Fanaticism to the Japanese Army.

The other reason is the matrix of nationalities. For some reason that I have not come to understand yet, it's only possible to use the original rows of the nationalities matrix. If we want to expand the number of nationalities, we will have to reuse the row of the SS as well as the rows of the Russian Guards, Romanians and civilians.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 154
RE: Grossdeutschland Historical Module for Heroes and L... - 11/2/2020 5:23:15 PM   
CHINCHIN

OK understood. How would you see giving them the Self-Rally feature, even if only to full squads?

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 155
RE: Grossdeutschland Historical Module for Heroes and L... - 11/2/2020 5:28:39 PM   
asl3d

Yes, it is a solution that I have been considering for the SS units. In the end I decided to reserve the Self-Rally for the Japanese. Keep in mind that most SS units are already very powerful. I think it would be giving them too much advantage and, we must not forget the SS units were not superman although they were very well equipped and trained.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to CHINCHIN)
Post #: 156
RE: Grossdeutschland Historical Module for Heroes and L... - 4/3/2021 10:26:34 PM   
MrsWargamer

Nice looking, I think I have made some of those models :)

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 157
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: Grossdeutschland Historical Module for Heroes and Leaders mod Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI