Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scenario recommendations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Scenario recommendations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scenario recommendations - 8/9/2019 7:46:46 PM   
dduckett

Id like to hear what people's favorite scenarios are (they don't have to come with the game). I'm a bit overwhelmed by how many there are and am not particularly drawn to a specific time period or # of turns. I'm looking for scenarios that are interesting to play (challenging, intriguing, or otherwise notable), especially single player. I've played through the tutorial scenarios and enjoyed them all. Thanks for the recommendations.
Post #: 1
RE: Scenario recommendations - 8/9/2019 8:01:27 PM   
larryfulkerson

D21 seems to be one of the most popular TOAW scenarios ever written. It's the product of a small team of the best scenario designers there are for TOAW, that to my personal knowledge includes Steve Sill and Rick Kesler. There's probably about a dozen D21 games going on as we speak. There's been a plethera of D21 AAR's, several of which were started by me. I recommend it. Highly. You can find it here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4471552

Also popular is Campaign for South Vietnam a work of Curt Chambers, another of the finest TOAW scenario designers. It was an innovative design when it was first introduced, approx. 3 years ago IIRC, and I was fortunate enough to be one of it's playtesters and I've been through the scenario at least a dozen times playing either side. I seriously like this scenario a lot. I'm ready for another game at the drop of a hat. You can find it here:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4390629

Welcome to TOAW's community by the way, and feel free to ask questions and be aware that your opinion is especially important to us. To me especially because I've adopted an anthropologist's attitude toward the TOAW 4 situation as it exists and your input counts. I state here openly for the record that YOU are NOT part of the problem. YOU personally are an important part of the solution. Congratulations, I hearby promote you to the office of public relations vice-chief and, should you agree to at least try, would like to encourage you to give voice to your first impressions, the items that seeem to catch your eye for better or worse, and most especially, the things you'd like to see changed. Please.

Good hunting,
larry

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 8/9/2019 9:40:38 PM >

there's two things that everyone needs to know: (1) 90% of the human race lives near the coast. (2) human beings can't breathe under water.

(in reply to dduckett)
Post #: 2
RE: Scenario recommendations - 8/9/2019 8:18:29 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

...give voice....

Actually, I guess this applies to anyone who has an opinion about the current state of TOAW 4. Maybe we should start a separate thread on the topic.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 8/9/2019 8:19:20 PM >

there's two things that everyone needs to know: (1) 90% of the human race lives near the coast. (2) human beings can't breathe under water.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 3
RE: Scenario recommendations - 8/10/2019 6:56:27 PM   
dduckett

Thanks so much for your recommendations and the welcome. With regards to opinions, would that be for the scenarios or the game in general (or both)?

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 4
RE: Scenario recommendations - 8/10/2019 7:15:09 PM   
Zovs

There tons of fun and interesting scenarios, the one that have ranged artillery and are battalion to regiment are my favorite, but for (generally) faster play a lot of the divisional one are fun to play.

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario creator

(in reply to dduckett)
Post #: 5
RE: Scenario recommendations - 8/10/2019 7:45:16 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: dduckett

Thanks so much for your recommendations and the welcome. With regards to opinions, would that be for the scenarios or the game in general (or both)?

Actually I was speaking of the game engine but yeah, your opinions about the scenarios would be more
than welcome.

(in reply to dduckett)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Scenario recommendations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI