Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ki-115a Tsurugi

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ki-115a Tsurugi Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ki-115a Tsurugi - 8/3/2019 4:16:35 AM   
Mandai

Ki-115 Tsurugi, together with its naval counterpart - Toka are kamikaze planes.

In the stock scenario 1 and also the updated scenario 101, both are being researched at the start of the grand campaign. Kamikaze was a attempt to turn the tide, not when war was started.

It is unlikely that Ki-115 (31 damaged R&D at Hachinobe) and Toka (2 fully repaired R&D at Yokohama) will be retained for research by japanese player.

Other than changing these to A6M3 Zero and/or Ki-44 Tojos, I would like to hear if there are any other suggestions.

< Message edited by Mandai -- 8/3/2019 4:17:43 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Ki-115a Tsurugi - 8/3/2019 6:12:45 AM   
Alfred

Those factories are there specifically for the AI, not for human players.  Japanese players who claim to not be trying to exploit game mechanics and to be operating within realistic options should not alter those factories.  Even doing nothing provides them with an unhistorical advantage as it is.

Alfred

(in reply to Mandai)
Post #: 2
RE: Ki-115a Tsurugi - 8/3/2019 10:16:04 AM   
HansBolter

My Ironman games is in id January of '46 and I have been facing both of those airframes.

Neither has had much of an impact.

I have a habit of engaging in word play based on "sounds like", "reminds me of" and "can easily be bastardized into" themes and have taken to referring to the Tokas as Tokamaks....since after all they are...you know....collider planes...….

Hans

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
RE: Ki-115a Tsurugi - 8/3/2019 11:52:56 AM   
Rising-Sun

Yeah I was wondering that myself too.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 4
RE: Ki-115a Tsurugi - 8/3/2019 4:34:00 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

Those factories are there specifically for the AI, not for human players.  Japanese players who claim to not be trying to exploit game mechanics and to be operating within realistic options should not alter those factories.  Even doing nothing provides them with an unhistorical advantage as it is.

Alfred

Hmmm, something to consider. I got rid of the Toka at the start of my current game, but kept the 115. Even added a 115 site. Maybe I should get rid of both until later?

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ki-115a Tsurugi Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI