Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
question - 7/27/2019 5:28:57 PM   
budd

Let's say i plot a bunch of scout way points for my recon. First one active, the other say 4 are disabled way points with 3 more scout way points and the last one being a reverse disabled way point. If i activate the last reverse way point, will it skip the other disabled way points and act on the last one?

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Post #: 1
RE: question - 7/27/2019 5:35:22 PM   
budd

Second question: I brought some choppers in and they were firing at enemy units but they weren't showing on the map. Doesn't anything the choppers see appear on the map? No enemy units showed, but after the game ended i noticed quite a few that the choppers saw that never showed on the map? I had no ground units with LOS to the area. I don't get to see what the choppers see, at least while there on station?

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 2
RE: question - 7/27/2019 9:12:38 PM   
exsonic01

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd
Let's say i plot a bunch of scout way points for my recon. First one active, the other say 4 are disabled way points with 3 more scout way points and the last one being a reverse disabled way point. If i activate the last reverse way point, will it skip the other disabled way points and act on the last one?

I'm not sure what you mean here... as far as I know, unlike CM, in AB, one cannot select neither change / modify the waypoint in the middle, after you set one. If you want to modify multiple waypoints, you can delete last waypoint or all waypoints, and designate a new one.

quote:

Second question: I brought some choppers in and they were firing at enemy units but they weren't showing on the map. Doesn't anything the choppers see appear on the map? No enemy units showed, but after the game ended i noticed quite a few that the choppers saw that never showed on the map? I had no ground units with LOS to the area. I don't get to see what the choppers see, at least while there on station?

Yes, in AB, helicopters and air planes do not share LoS with your units neither with you.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 3
RE: question - 7/28/2019 12:14:19 AM   
budd

I'm going to test the way point thing out. I noticed that I can choose which way point I activate in the series. So what happens when I activate only the last way point and leave the preceding ones disabled, will it get acted upon or does it have to go in order or nothing happens.

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 4
RE: question - 7/28/2019 2:12:27 AM   
exsonic01

Really? Let me know ho you could choose waypoint in the middle after you finish waypoint setting. I just checked, in the middle of their movement, I cannot select the waypoint itself... Maybe I miss something from patch note...

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 5
RE: question - 7/28/2019 3:26:20 AM   
budd

You just hit CTRL left click to select/activate/de-activate any waypoint. It doesn't work though, i can activate any disabled way point in the series but the unit doesn't move until you activate the next one in line.

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 6
RE: question - 7/28/2019 3:55:26 AM   
budd

I wonder if there is anyway to make this possible or even if its a good idea, but i can see the possibilities.

Say your advancing a platoon of MBT's, you plot one contact way point and 3 disabled contact way points, and the last waypoint is a reverse waypoint to a safe area. You advance to waypoint one, nothing happening, you activate contact waypoint 2 and while on the way there you get ambushed and want to pull back. Now what if you could just activate the last reverse way point and have the unit react to that waypoint and reverse to safety, skipping the other contact way points. It would have some uses during scouting also. i just think of it as a planned fallback position.

Currently you'd have to delete the other contact waypoints, plot a new one and then wait out the order delay, and probably end up dead.

Not sure if its possible or a good idea, but i can see its usefulness.

< Message edited by budd -- 7/28/2019 3:56:11 AM >

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 7
RE: question - 7/29/2019 12:50:57 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

I wonder if there is anyway to make this possible or even if its a good idea, but i can see the possibilities.

Say your advancing a platoon of MBT's, you plot one contact way point and 3 disabled contact way points, and the last waypoint is a reverse waypoint to a safe area. You advance to waypoint one, nothing happening, you activate contact waypoint 2 and while on the way there you get ambushed and want to pull back. Now what if you could just activate the last reverse way point and have the unit react to that waypoint and reverse to safety, skipping the other contact way points. It would have some uses during scouting also. i just think of it as a planned fallback position.

Currently you'd have to delete the other contact waypoints, plot a new one and then wait out the order delay, and probably end up dead.

Not sure if its possible or a good idea, but i can see its usefulness.

In my opinion that would be a change in the plan and the command delay should be there. If you use the 'scout' waypoint then the vehicles usually try to reverse to safety and can pop smoke.

Know thyself!

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 8
RE: question - 7/29/2019 6:09:17 PM   
exsonic01

Huh... I really didn't know we were able to activate / deactivate waypoint in the middle. It seems that units just don't follow further from deactivated waypoint, so to me, it looks like a way of halting.

(in reply to Veitikka)
Post #: 9
RE: question - 8/3/2019 5:12:47 PM   
budd

You can't activate/deactivate middle waypoints, thought it would be nice to be able to designate fall back positions. I can see the Dev's point about the re-planning and command delay.

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 10
RE: question - 8/3/2019 5:19:57 PM   
budd

Would it be possible in the future to be able to change formation per waypoint? Does the AI switch formations for you and pick the most appropriate one for different waypoints?

So if i have a series of waypoints. Advance, march along this road to the first waypoint, advance, line formation to the next waypoint, so on and so forth.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 11
RE: question - 8/3/2019 5:30:35 PM   
Veitikka

quote:

Would it be possible in the future to be able to change formation per waypoint? Does the AI switch formations for you and pick the most appropriate one for different waypoints?

So if i have a series of waypoints. Advance, march along this road to the first waypoint, advance, line formation to the next waypoint, so on and so forth.

Advanced waypoint controls are in the list of things to do, but I don't know when we'll be that far.

Know thyself!

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI