Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents - 7/21/2019 8:43:08 PM   
BigBog

1st, I am very appreciative of the scenario content and have found many hours of enjoyment playing TotH.

There are two things, however, that I keep coming back to while playing that I wonder, given where we are with programming and technology: "why the heck don't we have this after all this time that the game has been out?" These are standard fare for most games of this ilk...

1) A simple text battle log that I can open to see WT hell just happened. Some things occur and there is absolutely no way to rediscover what just happened to, say, my Sherman tank-----???? I heard a "clunk" and it was gone. I saw the visual firing (nice!) and the sound cue is nice, but sheesh can we go back to what just occurred maybe not with the replay of the animation, but just the text display. It disappears and is gone! The opponents defensive fire occurs and is lost to the wind as far as accounting for what occurred. Even a textual battle log where text is loggged that I can open independently would be a nice improvement!

2) A bettor LOS tool. Lets face it. We love this game but this tool is pathetic. Tigers on the Prowl and Panthers in the Shadows (2 very old HPS titles) had them eons ago and while they were primitive, they served the purpose. I thought after a year of so out we would see one here. But having to enter each digit of the hex coordinate for origin and target and then getting a text message that the visibility is blocked is lame. How about a visual shading of what is seen from the chosen hex? I recall some explanation about why there was not one earlier (years ago) but I thought by now we would have figured out a way to accomplish this.

Anyway, sorry if this seems like a rant--it is not. But, I am saddened that the features that we have come to expect from a quality simulation, are not there and do not seem to be even on the radar--

I really love playing TotH, but the enjoyment factor would go up I believe for all with these 2 seemingly simple adds--

BigBog
Post #: 1
RE: Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents - 7/21/2019 11:24:41 PM   
rmmwilg

It seems that the programming and updates are in the hands of just one person who already has a full-time job as it is. Dunno if there are others who could be added to that task or not. I remember seeing some folks volunteering in earlier posts a while back.
Am with ya on those suggestions

(in reply to BigBog)
Post #: 2
RE: Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents - 7/22/2019 4:10:45 AM   
Hailstone

BigBog, I appreciate you bringing up the topic of improvements because we could sure use some excitement with the thought of an addition or an improvement to TotH.
I would thoroughly enjoy anything at all, just something.

(in reply to rmmwilg)
Post #: 3
RE: Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents - 7/22/2019 7:56:31 AM   
Paullus

Just to let you know that we do hear you and Peter has been working on improvements and added them to Updates all the time. Unfortunately, Peter has taken temporarily ill but is on the recovery and will be back given some time. In the mean I'll keep the wish log up to date, answer any questions, help out with technical issues and keep up the scenario list with all the great scenarios you are adding. Your input here on the Forum are great and keeps the game evolving.

For my part, I shall do my duty as a general; I shall see to it that you are given the chance of a successful action. /Lucius Aemilius Paullus

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 4
RE: Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents - 7/22/2019 11:43:31 AM   
BigBog

Sorry to hear re: Peter. Best of regards to him for a speedy recovery.

I am hopeful that the game will continue with growth and development. It is as close as we have in many regards to the tactical WW2 board games we all enjoy.

And thanks again to all of you who have converted scenarios to TotH and the cool maps. As the maps get better that is why I came to really desire that better LOS tool....

Best Regards to All,
BigBog

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 5
RE: Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents - 7/22/2019 11:47:12 AM   
BigBog

Thanks Paulius!! Appreciate the support you and others give the community.

Best,
BigBog

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 6
RE: Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents - 7/22/2019 3:45:23 PM   
rmmwilg

Tks Paullus and prayers for a complete recovery to good health for Peter.
Is it just him working on the programming, or is there in fact a group of folks on that?
Excited in looking forward to those updates :)

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 7
RE: Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents - 7/22/2019 4:47:03 PM   
Big Ivan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

Just to let you know that we do hear you and Peter has been working on improvements and added them to Updates all the time. Unfortunately, Peter has taken temporarily ill but is on the recovery and will be back given some time. In the mean I'll keep the wish log up to date, answer any questions, help out with technical issues and keep up the scenario list with all the great scenarios you are adding. Your input here on the Forum are great and keeps the game evolving.

Sorry to hear about Peter. Hope he is feeling better and has a speedy recovery!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Paullus)
Post #: 8
RE: Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents - 7/22/2019 11:26:15 PM   
Hailstone

Oh no, our 12-2 Leader is broken! Peter, you got this with a moral rating of 12 you are invincible.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Still in need of a couple of improvements: my 2 cents Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI