Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/17/2019 1:37:31 PM   
Daniele

Hello Commanders!

Campaign Series: Vietnam is a new turn-based, tactical/operational war game that focuses on mid-20th Century conflicts in Southeast Asia.

The series portrays battles spanning from 1948 to 1979. Each scenario is played on a unique, historical map with nine view modes. Scenario maps are based on topographic maps from the period created on a hex grid. Hexes are 250 meters across

The development of the game is progressing very fast and we are happy to show you screenshots featuring the Battle of Rung Sat and the encirclement of A Shau Camp.

Campaign Series: Vietnam is being developed by Campaign Series Legion, the veteran studio behind Campaign Series: Middle East.

Get more information about the game from its official Product Page

< Message edited by Daniele -- 7/17/2019 1:46:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/17/2019 2:08:19 PM   
TeTeT

Is there any ETA when it will be released? Year would be sufficient :)

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/17/2019 6:23:57 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: TeTeT

Is there any ETA when it will be released? Year would be sufficient :)

2020, then

We’re hoping Q1, even. Lots of before that, though!

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam | CS: East Front 1939-1941 IN-THE-WORKS
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 Fully reimaged v2.0 available now!

(in reply to TeTeT)
Post #: 3
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/17/2019 7:13:28 PM   
berto

Note about any screenshots: The game's graphics are still a work-in-progress. The 2D is nearly finished, but the 3D still needs a bit of work in various aspects.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 4
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/17/2019 7:37:43 PM   
Lobster

It's great to see such a dedicated group. Only good things can come of it.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 5
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/17/2019 8:00:10 PM   
Oberst_Klink

I concur, Lobster ;) A great bunch of guys.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 6
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/18/2019 12:38:04 PM   
ringoblood

Me very happy, glad to see it come along, oh im back too, he he

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 7
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/24/2019 12:42:25 AM   
TeTeT

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

2020, then

We’re hoping Q1, even. Lots of before that, though!

Thanks for the info! Take your time, really. Been ages since I played Squad Battles: Vietnam. Besides Vietnam '65 I haven't played any tactical level (nor strategic) Vietnam game since then. My Vietnam fix is usually resolved via modding for The Unsung Vietnam War Mod for arma 3 :)

Some random questions: On your upcoming game, will booby traps and mined areas be included? What about tunnels? How will helo transport and CAS be played out? Any chance for those fancy Rock'n'Roll music tracks of the time as background music? Made the TV show Tour of Duty stand out when it was originally aired in the 80ies, but I guess license cost for those tracks might be a limiting factor.

Good luck with the game!
TeTeT

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 8
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/24/2019 4:08:38 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

Some random questions: On your upcoming game, will booby traps and mined areas be included?

Yes, Side A and Side B will have three levels of IED's, which represent the different boobytraps and claymores.

Minefields are also included.

quote:

What about tunnels?

Tunnels are included. PAVN/VC units will have full capability to use them, US/ARVN/Free World forces will have limited forces that can enter them. (Tunnel Rats, for example)

quote:

How will helo transport and

You'll be able to pick up your platoons and land them in landing zones. You'll have to keep an eye on fuel though, logically.

quote:

CAS be played out?

Most fixed wing air support is dealt with air strikes, with the exception of AC-130 gunships.

Rotary air support is available on the map to use as you wish, with limitations, of course.

quote:

Any chance for those fancy Rock'n'Roll music tracks of the time as background music? Made the TV show Tour of Duty stand out when it was originally aired in the 80ies, but I guess license cost for those tracks might be a limiting factor.

Alas, no. As we have zero dollars for the development budget (we're all volunteering time to build this), licencing rock music is outside of our scope.

We do have access to authentic Vietnamese music, which will be included in the game.

There's nothing stopping you from adding your own music though.. *coughs*... just sayin'.

(in reply to TeTeT)
Post #: 9
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/24/2019 6:56:29 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

There's nothing stopping you from adding your own music though.. *coughs*... just sayin'.

Indeed. Here's a Dev Diary explaining how to add your own music files to the game. In short, convert them to OGG standard, and name them according to guidelines presented in the diary:

Let's Do: New Background Music!

For instance, having Stones blasting Paint it Black in the opening menus is just about converting your legally purchased music file to OGG format and naming it xbackg1.ogg. That's all there is to it

It's an old post but nothing has changed in how music and ambient background noises are represented in the game iirc.

All this said, the artist who kindly allowed us to include his traditional Vietnamese music to the game is really good, his art adds such a nice feel to it all

---

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 10
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 7/24/2019 7:03:35 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

Indeed. Here's a Dev Diary explaining how to add your own music files to the game. In short, convert them to OGG standard, and name them according to guidelines presented in the diary:

--snip--

From the diary:

quote:

This is it, then. Anything we've missed?

Let us find out!

Enable to mod with JSGME, launch East Front, and what do you know: Where Eagles Dare starts to play when opening up the East Front Main Menu!

It is such a great tune, and also: it opens up slowly so if I just want to hit on with the game I am not bothered with music at all.

But often now, I just sit back to listen to it in its full awesomeness

Oh wow. Where Eagles Dare just never gets old!

---

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 11
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 9/6/2019 4:24:33 PM   
ETF

Looks amazing...........shame it has no Mutiplayer :(

My Top Matrix Games 1)CMANO PRO(WEGO/RT) 2)Waterloo 3)War In the Pacific/AE 4)End All Wars

Twitter -Tactical Wargamer
@TacticWargamer

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 12
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 9/6/2019 5:05:59 PM   
Jason Petho

You can multiplayer CSVN over a LAN. Up to 16 players, I believe.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 13
RE: Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! - 9/6/2019 5:42:41 PM   
Crossroads

Also, PBEM games are often set as team games by two sets of players. Side A and Side B players share their password, each player moves only his formation(s), and the last on the side closes the turn and send over to other team.

The time I have for PBEMs nowadays I tend to look for 3x3 team games. Great fun! Not multiplayer as such, but close enough for me

---

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Campaign Series: Vietnam >> Campaign Series: Vietnam – Check the new screenshots! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI