Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question On Armored Infantry

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Question On Armored Infantry Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question On Armored Infantry - 7/16/2019 4:42:07 AM   
Daimeow

Is there a way for me to designate infantry orders for once they dismount? Say I'm advancing a column of APCs to a forest edge, having them unload the infantry, and I want the men to contact move straight away to scout the forest. Is this possible or do I have to wait for the men to disembark then order them and take the command delay?
Post #: 1
RE: Question On Armored Infantry - 7/16/2019 6:45:23 PM   
exsonic01

I'm also curious about this, since I also couldn't find the way to achieve this. Thing is, you cannot issue a command to infantry embarking in vehicles in this game.

What I'm doing is:
1) Unload command.
2) Wait for infantry disembark.
3) When they disembark and appear on the map, I select the platoon or company, and immediately issue defend command. This allows infantry AI to find the tile with better cover and concealment value in nearby tiles, move to there and take cover, heading towards enemy direction.
4) Then I later come back to change their SOP and issue movement orders to displace them to places I want.

But even with this method, I can't escape from some delay time.I wish if devs could find the way to pre-issue the move order for embarked infantry.

Also, if infantry ammo automatically replenishsed when they reembark their IFVs or APCs (only up to amount of allowable ammo inside APC or IFV), that would be great too.

< Message edited by exsonic01 -- 7/16/2019 6:47:52 PM >

(in reply to Daimeow)
Post #: 2
RE: Question On Armored Infantry - 7/16/2019 9:09:27 PM   
Daimeow

That's about what I've been doing, but that defense bit is a great addition. I hadn't even thought of that, thanks for the idea! I hope they look into this as well, but I have no idea what sort of logic they'd have to make or how plausible it is.

(in reply to exsonic01)
Post #: 3
RE: Question On Armored Infantry - 7/18/2019 8:46:43 AM   
Veitikka

Currently it's not possible to command the dismounted units separately, without detaching them from the vehicles. There has been discussion about different UI solutions to make it easier to command infantry after they've been unloaded, for example here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4619297

Know thyself!

(in reply to Daimeow)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Question On Armored Infantry Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI