Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Carrier Killer: Inefficient positioning of CG/DDG units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: The Silent Service >> Carrier Killer: Inefficient positioning of CG/DDG units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Carrier Killer: Inefficient positioning of CG/DDG units - 7/14/2019 6:43:18 AM   
Peacemaker32

In the "Carrier Killer" mission, the two CVs (America and Forrestal) to be targeted by the Oscar I (player-controlled) are left largely unprotected along the lines of approach of the Shipwrecks. The Ticonderoga CGs and Spruance DDGs are noticeably out of position to intercept an attack from that threat axis, with the bulk of interception being accomplished by either F-14s or the carriers' RIM-7 Sea Sparrow. This deficiency is largely due to the limited range of the SAMs on the Ticos and Spruances.

Is this an intentional choice of placement, or is it assumed that the player will wait somewhat after targeting is accomplished before launching the Shipwrecks?

Post #: 1
RE: Carrier Killer: Inefficient positioning of CG/DDG u... - 7/14/2019 8:12:43 PM   
apache85

It's intentional.

(in reply to Peacemaker32)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Command: The Silent Service >> Carrier Killer: Inefficient positioning of CG/DDG units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI