Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 - 7/13/2019 7:17:21 PM   
rkr1958

My AAR http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4576328 is in real danger of at best having to be put on hold and at worst having to be abandoned after 6 1/2 months of play!

I'm unable to successfully reload my game files. I've tried at three different points, and even with different versions but with no success.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie
Post #: 1
RE: Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 - 7/13/2019 7:18:08 PM   
rkr1958

Three samples of game files I'm unable to reload.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 2
RE: Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 - 7/13/2019 9:51:14 PM   
rkr1958

By the way, here's the last turn I could/can load.

When the game turn is advanced after this phase and then saved, I haven't been able to successful reload.

Attachment (1)

Ronnie

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 3
RE: Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 - 7/14/2019 1:31:09 AM   
composer99

I tried loading one of the games and my MWiF application crapped out.

~ Composer99

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 4
RE: Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 - 7/14/2019 1:48:27 AM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: composer99

I tried loading one of the games and my MWiF application crapped out.

Yeah ... I know. Looking through the bug report for the few times I got it to crash it looks like there's some type of access violation exception error. I emailed the bug report at least once, don't know if it's been automatically sent (many) other times, to Steve. Looks like I'm dead in the water until Steve finds, fixes and posts a patch for this error.

I don't know what his priorities are and where this bug and fix would fall on his list. But I would like to continue my game. I started it on 12/27/2018 and, as the allies, had reached a point that I was having a blast rolling up Germany. Also, I was also at the point of having to transfer forces and transition to the Pacific to focus on Japan. I was much looking forward to that too.

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 7/14/2019 1:51:16 AM >

Ronnie

(in reply to composer99)
Post #: 5
RE: Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 - 7/14/2019 7:52:16 AM   
Courtenay

I am wondering if the problem is that Vichy France just ceased to exist.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 6
RE: Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 - 7/14/2019 10:50:09 AM   
Centuur

This is a very strange bug indeed. There's no Mad Except happening on my computer, if I restart the last game you can restore and place the Chinese units. After saving that game, MWIF simply refuses to reload the game. It stops on my computer with this screen...

Attachment (1)

Peter

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 7
RE: Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 - 7/14/2019 6:29:44 PM   
paulderynck

I get the same. I chose Exit from the main menu and got the access violation below. MWIF.EXE was still running so I had to force quit it from the Task Manager.

Attachment (1)

Paul

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 8
RE: Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 - 8/6/2019 3:06:03 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

When the game turn is advanced after this phase and then saved, I haven't been able to successful reload.

I have fixed this. Within the next hour I'll upload a new HotPatch to correct the problem.

This was an infinite loop trying to find overland supply for Brussels and Amsterdam. Both Belgium and The Netherlands are aligned to the Commonwealth, so no overland path exists to a primary supply source.

However, both Alexander and Montgomery are in the Lowlands and can trace an overland supply path to Paris (or another French city) so those HQs are in supply. So, the program was trying to trace a Tertiary supply path from the minor country capitals to the HQs. Although the path exists, the supply isn't valid because the primary supply source is French, with which the minor countries do not cooperate.

What was wrong in the code, was that the program was even considering connecting a minor country capital to a secondary supply source that was using a cooperating major power primary supply source. I added a check to avoid making that consideration.

Is all that confusing to you (the reader)? Yeah, well you should see the code that handles all these weird cases.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 9
RE: Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 - 8/6/2019 3:22:43 AM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

I have fixed this. Within the next hour I'll upload a new HotPatch to correct the problem.

This was an infinite loop trying to find overland supply for Brussels and Amsterdam. Both Belgium and The Netherlands are aligned to the Commonwealth, so no overland path exists to a primary supply source.

However, both Alexander and Montgomery are in the Lowlands and can trace an overland supply path to Paris (or another French city) so those HQs are in supply. So, the program was trying to trace a Tertiary supply path from the minor country capitals to the HQs. Although the path exists, the supply isn't valid because the primary supply source is French, with which the minor countries do not cooperate.

What was wrong in the code, was that the program was even considering connecting a minor country capital to a secondary supply source that was using a cooperating major power primary supply source. I added a check to avoid making that consideration.

Is all that confusing to you (the reader)? Yeah, well you should see the code that handles all these weird cases.

Ronnie

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Unable to Load Save Game(s). v3.0.2.1 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI