Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing"?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing"? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing"? - 7/10/2019 2:54:42 AM   
76mm

I'm playing around with the scenario editor, but for some reason all of my Force 1 units are starting as "Reorganizing", while all of my Force 2 units are normal...anybody have any idea what the issue could be?
Post #: 1
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/10/2019 2:57:50 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

I'm playing around with the scenario editor, but for some reason all of my Force 1 units are starting as "Reorganizing", while all of my Force 2 units are normal...anybody have any idea what the issue could be?

Is the proficiency of the force so low that they failed an inter-turn-phase force proficiency check?

John Edward "Ed" Long, Jr. (1915–July 18, 1999) was an American pilot who is in the Guinness Book of Records for the most flight time by a pilot: over 65,000 hours (more than seven years and four months) at the time of his death.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 2
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/10/2019 3:35:37 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson
Is the proficiency of the force so low that they failed an inter-turn-phase force proficiency check?

Force and Formation Proficiency is 100%, Unit Proficiency is 33%. There is also a supply base with a value of 100% several hexes away. Readiness is also 100%.

< Message edited by 76mm -- 7/10/2019 3:49:22 AM >

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 3
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/10/2019 3:40:37 AM   
sPzAbt653

Force 1 Shock too low ?

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 4
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/10/2019 10:21:50 AM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653
Force 1 Shock too low ?

I think that might be it--it is 0, which I'm guessing is too low.

But isnt that only set via events? None of my events deal with the Shock Level.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/10/2019 12:55:23 PM   
sPzAbt653

Uh oh, sounds bad. Yes, event only ... try adding an event for 100% Shock 1 and see what happens ... this sounds familiar ...

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 6
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/10/2019 1:43:11 PM   
76mm

Yes, thanks, that fixed it.

I overwrote the default scenario-opening Shock Event with another event, I wonder if that somehow sets the Shock level to zero (for Force 1)? I did the same with Force 2, with no problems. If I get a chance I will play around with this later today, see what I can figure out.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 7
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/11/2019 2:36:57 AM   
76mm

hmmm, I've played around a bit and can't seem to recreate this issue with different scenarios. Also, I was mistaken that there is a default scenario-opening shock event (like there is for theater recon, pestilence, etc.).

All I can say is that in the scenario I'm playing around with, I definitely never used an event to set the Force 1 shock value to 0...

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 8
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/11/2019 7:00:02 AM   
sPzAbt653

That's why I was worried, because it sounded like something I have heard once before, but I can't pinpoint the thread and can't remember the outcome

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 9
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/11/2019 11:58:01 AM   
Zovs

In my scenario while I was doing the development on it, I saw the Germans on turn 1 (which was 1st September 1939) with all units in all formations reorganizing and also showing with an attack strength of 1 and defense strength of 0. It was weird and frustrating. I spent way too many hours in attempts to fix it. Finally, after setting all the formations to a value for supply and adjusting the supply range and tweaking the shock levels I finally got it to work. Also, had a few reboots in their as well and so I am not sure I can scientifically say what was the root cause of this, but it was a combination of scenario variables, shock, supply range, movement bias, formation supply, force supply and a few others.

What I took away from all that nightmare was to save often, but I was also exporting and importing the *.gam file to make mass edits faster, sometimes with Tom's excellent tool, but a lot of times with using Visual Studio Code to do mass search and replace for names (i.e. changing all the German Infantry divisions from 1 GE ID, 2 GE ID, and 3 GE ID (how SPI's board game would designate them) to 1. Infanterie-Div., 2. Infanterie-Div., 3. Infanterie-Div. etc. for the 340 or 350 infantry divisions in 30 seconds. Or to also copy one TO&E from one filled out division done in the editor and then in Code to copy that same TO&E from that unit to the other 36 divisions in that first wave, etc.

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario creator

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 10
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/11/2019 4:47:38 PM   
76mm

When I was working on the TOAWxml Event Editor, I noticed that the .gam file exported by the game includes a fair bit of "junk" XML for the events portion of the .gam file.

By that I mean that certain combinations of triggers/effects use certain XML attributes, but not others, and the .gam file includes these necessary XML attributes, but also extra attributes that serve no purpose and so are presumably exported by mistake. This junk XML could conceivably cause problems when re-imported back into the game, although in most cases I doubt it would--it seems like the Event Engine simply wouldn't use what it doesn't need. If you use the TOAWxml Events Editor, I try to have it clean up this junk XML before you re-import the .gam file into the game.

That said, I can't see how these junk attributes could cause this particular problem unless there is also an event with the "Shock" effect, and then something else goes wrong as well.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 11
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/16/2019 4:49:14 PM   
Lobster

The xml export needs to be cleaned up. I imagine that would take someone more than a bit of time.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 12
RE: All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing&qu... - 7/16/2019 5:22:18 PM   
larryfulkerson

Hey Tom: I'm having problems with the GAM file having the wrong data for those units that arrive in a later turn and not turn 1. I've done a cut and paste here below to show what the GAM file holds so that you can verify if it's correct or not. The first one ( NAME="108 GE Const" ) comes on turn 1 and it's status is 8. The second one ( "1 FI Army" ) is supposed to arrive in turn 4 ( I believe ) and it actually activates on turn 1 in the game. So something didn't work. Maybe the game engine is broken when it reads the GAM file into the editor and assigns the wrong status to the units that arrive after turn 1.

<UNIT ID="23" NAME="108 GE Const" ICON="Ferry Engineer" COLOR="10" SIZE="Regiment" EXPERIENCE="untried" CHARACTERISTICS="4008" PROFICIENCY="70" READINESS="100" SUPPLY="100" X="5" Y="24" EMPHASIS="Limit Losses" STATUS="8" REPLACEMENTPRIORITY="0">

<UNIT ID="431" NAME="1 FI Army" ICON="Headquarters" ICONID="0" COLOR="34" SIZE="Army" EXPERIENCE="veteran" CHARACTERISTICS="8009" PROFICIENCY="65" READINESS="100" SUPPLY="100" X="29" Y="2" EMPHASIS="Limit Losses" NEXT="448" STATUS="5" REPLACEMENTPRIORITY="0">

Please advise:

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 7/16/2019 5:24:51 PM >

John Edward "Ed" Long, Jr. (1915–July 18, 1999) was an American pilot who is in the Guinness Book of Records for the most flight time by a pilot: over 65,000 hours (more than seven years and four months) at the time of his death.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios >> All Force 1 units starting as "reorganizing"? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI