From: United States
In my scenario while I was doing the development on it, I saw the Germans on turn 1 (which was 1st September 1939) with all units in all formations reorganizing and also showing with an attack strength of 1 and defense strength of 0. It was weird and frustrating. I spent way too many hours in attempts to fix it. Finally, after setting all the formations to a value for supply and adjusting the supply range and tweaking the shock levels I finally got it to work. Also, had a few reboots in their as well and so I am not sure I can scientifically say what was the root cause of this, but it was a combination of scenario variables, shock, supply range, movement bias, formation supply, force supply and a few others.
What I took away from all that nightmare was to save often, but I was also exporting and importing the *.gam file to make mass edits faster, sometimes with Tom's excellent tool, but a lot of times with using Visual Studio Code to do mass search and replace for names (i.e. changing all the German Infantry divisions from 1 GE ID, 2 GE ID, and 3 GE ID (how SPI's board game would designate them) to 1. Infanterie-Div., 2. Infanterie-Div., 3. Infanterie-Div. etc. for the 340 or 350 infantry divisions in 30 seconds. Or to also copy one TO&E from one filled out division done in the editor and then in Code to copy that same TO&E from that unit to the other 36 divisions in that first wave, etc.
War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams WarPlan Beta Tester DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario creator