Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) Page: <<   < prev  15 16 17 18 [19]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/18/2020 9:00:25 PM   
RangerJoe

Just set it on the TF screen. You want high naval for them to get into position but lower aggression so they don't risk their ships.

If you load restricted naval air units that can go onto carriers, AV, or CS class, then they will become unrestricted. Then enlarge them to 81 slots or as large as you can and use well.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to RADM.Yamaguchi)
Post #: 541
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/18/2020 9:35:41 PM   
RangerJoe

Just think if you can get that BB group into surface combats at night. They will use up their OPs points and maybe hang around during the day . . .

Also, minefields in the shallows for the BB group going to Lord Howe Island . . .

Be ready to move subs into deep water for the cripples . . .

The ships on their way out would avoid the known minefields and run over the subs . . .

― Julia Child

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 542
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/19/2020 11:58:08 PM   
RADM.Yamaguchi

Do some of you keep track of which submarines sink which ships. I haven't been but i think i should.

AFTER ACTION REPORTS FOR May 29, 42
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASW attack near Sydney at 91,169

Japanese Ships
SS I-175

Allied Ships
DD Fortune
AM Bunbury
AM Launceton
They have some active ASW going against SS-I-175.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sub attack near Sydney at 91,169

Japanese Ships
SS I-175

Allied Ships
AM Horsham, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Fortune
But do they care? NO. 1 AM Sunk.
ASW attack near Sydney at 91,169

Japanese Ships
SS I-175

Allied Ships
DD Fortune, Torpedo hits 1, heavy damage
AM Launceton
1 DD SUNK

I'm pretty sure I-175 has also sunk at least one CL. And the crew experience is 56/55. And the Captain is Naval 51 and Aggression 74. I guess it's just the right place right time?

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 543
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/20/2020 12:03:44 AM   
RADM.Yamaguchi

oh and this one too

ASW attack near Busselton at 48,152

Japanese Ships
SS I-154, hits 4

Allied Ships
DD Napier, Torpedo hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
DD Norman
Another DD SUNK

that sub is 55/59 captain 71 Nav 75 agg

Post #: 544
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/20/2020 12:34:02 AM   
PaxMondo

yeah, there's a reporter type program that will do this for you. forget who wrote it, but it is really nice little tool.

SubmarineReporterB13.xlsm

Pax

Post #: 545
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/22/2020 1:53:17 AM   
RADM.Yamaguchi

I'm feeling so much better after my accident i'm wondering if i could handle another game. I really like my opponents but i get the feeling that i'm not a challenging enough opponent for them. They have started a new game against each other and thus the turns have become a little slower. That's fine. From the very beginning i told them i would try to remain relevent for as long as possible but that i am certainly no pro at this. Besides, i think it is incredibly encouraging to have two young guys like them playing this game and being such a part of the community with us old farts. I think i have learned so much in this game - from my oppponents, from trial and error and from you guys here in the forum - especially Ranger Joe and Inquistor along with Pax. I'd like to put some that new knowledge to work while i still can remember it. Another thing i did was get a notebook so that i can write down as much of my strategy as possible to be able to pick up between turns...especially when they take more than a day.

Are there any of you that have had or are currently involved in two PBEM games that could share their thoughts with me?

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 546
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/22/2020 11:27:12 AM   
PaxMondo

There's a long list of players with multiple games ongoing …

Pax

Post #: 547
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/22/2020 12:28:25 PM   
RangerJoe

A suggestion would be to play a game against the AI as the Allied player to see what that side has and what it can do. Set up the Japanese economy if you want to make it more challenging.

― Julia Child

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 548
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/22/2020 3:54:20 PM   
inqistor

It's probably time to hunt some US CVs, if your opponents already feel too safe.

I would say, you should wait until end of 1942, or even mid-1943 before starting another game. That way you would be able to better tune your air research, and production. Have you already seen P-38? They are first of tough US Fighters, and it will only be worse with time.

Post #: 549
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/22/2020 10:25:53 PM   
RADM.Yamaguchi

Joe, That sounds like a really smart idea. Probably too smart for me. I started playing all these WITP games against the AI but it just can't keep my interest. I think i'm better off playing against a human even if it means getting whipped.

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 550
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 1/22/2020 10:30:49 PM   
RADM.Yamaguchi

inqistor, another smart idea.

i'll try to wait. but i have built some huge excel spreadsheets projecting numerous R&D and production scenarios. i'm kinda anxious to try them out.

No, i have not run into P-38s yet. large quantities of P-40s, P-400s and others were having some success in australia where i just had a toehold but layering my cap low as i saw on another AAR seemed to work well - even with oscars. I'm going to do my best to limit fights to their max ranges wherever possible.

(in reply to inqistor)
Post #: 551
RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) - 2/10/2020 11:08:14 AM   
RangerJoe

P-38s have a high SR value, especially the early ones. If they are ever on CAP, send multiple sweep waves and wear them out. Don't forget to LRCAP their base as that increases ops losses.

This is how to take care of enemy DDs, look at the range on the torpedo hit:

quote:

Day Time Surface Combat, near Nikunau at 140,134, Range 20,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
CA Tone, Shell hits 3
CA Chikuma, Shell hits 3
DD Kagero, Shell hits 1
DD Kasumi, Shell hits 1

Allied Ships
DD Sims, Torpedo hits 1, and is sunk
DD Downes, Shell hits 3

Maximum visibility in Overcast Conditions: 20,000 yards
Range closes to 20,000 yards...
CONTACT: Japanese lookouts spot Allied task force at 20,000 yards
Japanese launch Long Lance torpedoes at 20,000 yards before allies detect Japanese presence
CA Chikuma launches Long Lance Torpedoes at DD Downes at 20,000 yards
CA Chikuma launches Long Lance Torpedoes at DD Sims at 20,000 yards
DD Sims sunk by DD Kasumi at 20,000 yards

― Julia Child

Post #: 552
Page:   <<   < prev  15 16 17 18 [19]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: RADM Yamaguchi's Diary (Pls no affins or cheesesteak) Page: <<   < prev  15 16 17 18 [19]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI