Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about the editor (Aircraft Replacements) and an art request)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Question about the editor (Aircraft Replacements) and an art request) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about the editor (Aircraft Replacements) and a... - 7/3/2019 1:13:24 PM   
sanderz

I am in the process of doing a mod based on Scenario 2 but beefing up the Allies a bit - one aspect of this is that the French agree to a slightly higher commitment to the Pacific Theatre but because of their production limitations they insist that the British will need to provide aircraft replacements.

e.g. for the fighter contingent.....
2*MS406 and 1*Po631 squadrons get no replacements of this type so will eventually need to convert to Hurricanes.

At the moment i have done a quick fix by just changing the upgrade path in the Air Groups section to cover all the Hurricane Models. Am i right in thinking this will work, even though its a "French" Squadron but replacements are coming from the "British" Aircraft Pool?

I realize this is far from ideal as the plane graphic will be wrong so i really need to set up a duplicate plane type. If anyone with graphic skills is willing to help with some artwork it would be very much appreciated. (i assume its just copy/pasting the French roundels over the British ones??). However its not just the Hurricane, there will be a few (about 6 maybe) other British/American planes that will need French/Dutch roundels.

Many thanks

Post #: 1
RE: Question about the editor (Aircraft Replacements) a... - 7/3/2019 1:50:56 PM   
Vipersp

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanderz

I am in the process of doing a mod based on Scenario 2 but beefing up the Allies a bit - one aspect of this is that the French agree to a slightly higher commitment to the Pacific Theatre but because of their production limitations they insist that the British will need to provide aircraft replacements.

e.g. for the fighter contingent.....
2*MS406 and 1*Po631 squadrons get no replacements of this type so will eventually need to convert to Hurricanes.

At the moment i have done a quick fix by just changing the upgrade path in the Air Groups section to cover all the Hurricane Models. Am i right in thinking this will work, even though its a "French" Squadron but replacements are coming from the "British" Aircraft Pool?

I realize this is far from ideal as the plane graphic will be wrong so i really need to set up a duplicate plane type. If anyone with graphic skills is willing to help with some artwork it would be very much appreciated. (i assume its just copy/pasting the French roundels over the British ones??). However its not just the Hurricane, there will be a few (about 6 maybe) other British/American planes that will need French/Dutch roundels.

Many thanks

Hi Sanderz,

Give me the list of planes u want to modify and I will take a look;

Cheers,

Viper

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about the editor (Aircraft Replacements) a... - 7/3/2019 8:15:18 PM   
sanderz

Thanks Viper, much appreciated.

I have not yet worked out exactly which ones i need but i will be in touch eventually

(in reply to Vipersp)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about the editor (Aircraft Replacements) a... - 7/4/2019 9:17:31 PM   
el cid again

It should work.

Joe Wilkerson's axiom applies: "Test. Test. Test."

(in reply to sanderz)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Question about the editor (Aircraft Replacements) and an art request) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI