Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Suggestions for next update

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Suggestions for next update Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/13/2019 12:47:14 PM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks Taxman, taking a look at these now.

(in reply to sad ham)
Post #: 31
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/13/2019 12:47:44 PM   
Hubert Cater

Sad_ham,

If this was for the new unit placements, then yes this should now be fixed on our end for the next build as well.

Hubert

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 32
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/13/2019 5:28:16 PM   
Sugar

Just to clarify: I didn't uninstall the game because the update to V 1.16 has been a major concern, but to install V 1.15 again to continue my PbEMs (and because I couldn't find the serial number I couldn't reinstall the game; it's been a free review version of the game, and I will undoubtly buy the game I spent more than 2 years playing intensely on next occasion).

I was referring to the new strategy of some Axis players to prioritize an immediate attack in the West by operating the strongest units and just leave what's absolutely necessary to reach Warsaw in the East.

Whether or not the entr.-lvls were intended, upping them and the supply of units appearing the first turn of a DoW affects only one side (and not forget to mention that these 0-supply-units already appeared in the predecessor SC Breakthrough SoE; the strength of these units like in Norway or Tunesia of 1 or 3 leaves the impression they were indeed meant to be destroyed by the first attack).

Post #: 33
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/14/2019 12:18:31 AM   
Hubert Cater

Thanks Sugar, much appreciated all around, and especially so for your long time support and posts of feedback for the game

For the immediate attack in the West strategy, like most strategies, we don't necessarily want to completely eliminate them, but if it is too powerful due to an oversight on our part by not having Maginot units start entrenched (this was the same for our WaW release and now corrected in the latest patch), on our end we simply view this as a correction. Initial testing on our end indicates players can still try and employ this type of assault, but it will be more challenging, and even, (arguably as it should be) if the Maginot units are correctly entrenched in their positions.

For zero supply units issue, i.e. those appearing from a first turn DoW, you are correct that these have always been in place, and with v1.16 the initial intention was to make it slightly (just slightly) easier to destroy them than what was previously the case. They were supposed to receive 50% more damage from a successful attack against them, however we introduced a bug that went even beyond that which is now corrected on our end and also corrected in the latest WaW patch. So in the end, we are not actually making any changes here for the next patch other than correcting the initial change we wanted to introduce in v1.16.

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 7/14/2019 12:19:24 AM >

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 34
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/17/2019 11:50:16 AM   
PvtBenjamin

deleted comment thnx Etzel

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 7/17/2019 4:48:18 PM >

Post #: 35
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/17/2019 11:59:57 AM   
Taxman66

Not sure if USSR gets a catch up bonus (vs. GE) while neutral. I do know that active powers don't get catch up bonus vs neutrals that are ahead of them (e.g. GE/IT don't get Industrial Tech carch up vs. USA while USA is neutral).

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 36
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/17/2019 12:32:14 PM   
Etzel

Is research performed at every turn or on the respective side's turn only? This is the way I read manual 7.9, penultimate point (but I'm really not sure of).

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 37
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/17/2019 12:35:36 PM   
PvtBenjamin

deleted comment thanks Etzel

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 7/17/2019 4:55:06 PM >

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 38
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/17/2019 1:15:37 PM   
Taxman66

Etzel, indeed only at the end of your turn.

Ben, I did just discover an increase that seemed below the minimum the manual/current understanding indicates and reported it.

Have you figured out the number of turns in a year?
I suppose I could just hand record turn dates and figure it out myself.

< Message edited by Taxman66 -- 7/17/2019 1:17:30 PM >

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

Post #: 39
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/17/2019 1:39:09 PM   
Etzel

With version 1.16 a year has about 15 turns per side (less than before 1.16!). To me it looks as if in Ben's caluculations every turn would count and not the respective side turns only, e.g. one year with minimum 3% is 15 x 3% = 45%. Or maybe I don't understand something correctly?

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 40
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/17/2019 2:31:25 PM   
PvtBenjamin

You are correct Etzel, I was thinking of another game I'm playing. The number turns are much less because of shorter winter etc.

So it is possible and I am incorrect.

How much did the turns per year shorten in v 1.16 vs 1.15? That would be the reason if its correct.

< Message edited by PvtBenjamin -- 7/17/2019 2:36:58 PM >

(in reply to Etzel)
Post #: 41
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/17/2019 3:50:14 PM   
Taxman66

I don't think any version changed the time/turn ratio.

Post #: 42
RE: Suggestions for next update - 7/17/2019 4:57:45 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Problem solved

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 43
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> RE: Suggestions for next update Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI