Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Importance

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Importance Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Importance - 6/30/2019 5:41:20 AM   
warspite1

Well for those gentlemen who aren't afraid to take themselves too seriously and understand that it is their duty to use the votes that previous generations gave their lives for, there is a really important competition underway in the General Discussion forum.

Over the last few weeks a competition has been raging to uncover (fnarr, fnarr) the most beautiful character from Game of Thrones. We have now reached the final round or, as the French would say, La Grande Finale, or something.

The two young ladies that have battled their way to this stage are Daenerys and Ygritte.

Perhaps I can tempt some of you to do your masculine duty, lay down your metaphorical cloak on the mud, and help out a damsel in distress? If you feel that this bit of nonsense is not beneath you then please feel free to pop along to the GD forum (link below) to register your vote.

Go on, you know you want to....

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3083586&mpage=342&key=

(The final detail starts from post 10,250, but its simply a case of choosing which of the two ladies raises your smile, and you can then post the name). Don't worry, as with all voting booths your name and who you vote for is entirely secret and won't be known to anybody else - unless of course they read the post in which case they will know exactly who cast their vote for who.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

Post #: 1
RE: Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Import... - 6/30/2019 10:34:29 AM   
Centuur

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Well for those gentlemen who aren't afraid to take themselves too seriously and understand that it is their duty to use the votes that previous generations gave their lives for, there is a really important competition underway in the General Discussion forum.

Over the last few weeks a competition has been raging to uncover (fnarr, fnarr) the most beautiful character from Game of Thrones. We have now reached the final round or, as the French would say, La Grande Finale, or something.

The two young ladies that have battled their way to this stage are Daenerys and Ygritte.

Perhaps I can tempt some of you to do your masculine duty, lay down your metaphorical cloak on the mud, and help out a damsel in distress? If you feel that this bit of nonsense is not beneath you then please feel free to pop along to the GD forum (link below) to register your vote.

Go on, you know you want to....

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3083586&mpage=342&key=

(The final detail starts from post 10,250, but its simply a case of choosing which of the two ladies raises your smile, and you can then post the name). Don't worry, as with all voting booths your name and who you vote for is entirely secret and won't be known to anybody else - unless of course they read the post in which case they will know exactly who cast their vote for who.

Game of Thrones? I've never seen an episode.
To quote mr. Scrooge: "Humbug"...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 6/30/2019 10:35:02 AM >

Peter

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2
RE: Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Import... - 6/30/2019 8:49:03 PM   
Courtenay

After I read Martin's "Unsound Variations", I swore I would never read another word by him.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Import... - 7/1/2019 5:44:13 AM   
warspite1

Not sure what any of the above has to do with voting in a beauty contest - but each to their own....

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 4
RE: Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Import... - 7/1/2019 1:22:52 PM   
brian brian

On that note, I will go me me me also - I just watched the final episode last night. And since we all enjoy continent-wide military grand strategy, here is my vital thought. I thought it suffered from what I call Star Trek Writer Syndrome. In Star Trek, whenever the plot paints the characters into a corner, the writers just deploy their omnipotence and have Spock say: “I will re-modulate the Tri-corder” or Jeordi say “I will re-configure the Deflector Array” (whatever those are). Then, plot problem solved, cheaply, and eventually, boring-ly.

In Game of Thrones, I think they should have made the CGI armies a little bigger on-screen. So then they could have had a little more support for what I noticed at the end: the armies were of infinite size. No matter how many battles the Unsullied fought in, there was still “thousands” of them. Casualties were always light, I guess. At least the Night King had a clear source of recruits, even if no other force did.

I liked the various set-ups for a sequel, though this seems unlikely. One they did not mention was that the Iron Bank was probably going to want it’s money...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 5
RE: Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Import... - 7/1/2019 5:24:00 PM   
warspite1

Thank-you for registering your vote brian brian

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 6
RE: Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Import... - 7/1/2019 5:50:51 PM   
brian brian

Is there a Game of Thrones thread on the General Forum somewhere?

Now I can’t stop thinking about the military strategy on those shows. Like the not-brilliance of sending your cavalry charging into certain annihilation in the lines of the Army of the Dead. Sure, the Dothraki would volunteer to do it, and a spoiling attack has its advantages (except to the soldiers being spoiled), but wouldn’t that be just sending your Dead opponents fresh reinforcements? I mean, make Zombies attack your lines seems like it would be Rule #1 in Zombie Warfare. But then fighting a creature that is already dead but can still be killed again, somehow, with just a sword stroke, never makes sense anyway.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 7
RE: Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Import... - 7/1/2019 5:58:47 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: brian brian

Is there a Game of Thrones thread on the General Forum somewhere?

Now I can’t stop thinking about the military strategy on those shows. Like the not-brilliance of sending your cavalry charging into certain annihilation in the lines of the Army of the Dead. Sure, the Dothraki would volunteer to do it, and a spoiling attack has its advantages (except to the soldiers being spoiled), but wouldn’t that be just sending your Dead opponents fresh reinforcements? I mean, make Zombies attack your lines seems like it would be Rule #1 in Zombie Warfare. But then fighting a creature that is already dead but can still be killed again, somehow, with just a sword stroke, never makes sense anyway.
warspite1

There were a couple of threads that dealt with some of the main talking points of Season 8 see below. You should visit the GD forum more often!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4580973&mpage=5&key=Game%2CThrones

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2959208&mpage=103&key=Game%2CThrones

(in reply to brian brian)
Post #: 8
RE: Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Import... - 10/9/2019 2:33:04 PM   
AbwehrX

GD is not as important as WiF.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Vitally Vital Important Competition of Vital Importance Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI