Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing Documentation

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Missing Documentation Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing Documentation - 6/28/2019 12:03:49 PM   
Zovs

For those that don't know this.

The manual is missing a lot of info and has not been updated.

However, I did notice that in the default directory is a file named whatsnew as a PDF dated 12/12/2018, it's not a lot of help but some but more interesting and more importantly is the Word Doc file called Whatsnew 4.1 dated 9/29/2018. This document has a lot of good info in it.

It's still not 100% informative, for example trying to decipher the New Mud Scalar rules is not even in the default manual but it has a little blurb in this document. But it's very vague about the mud drying rates but 100 is neutral. Neutral to what?

The write states:
quote:

A minimum value of 1 divides the default drying by 100. A maximum value of 10000 multiplies the default drying by 100

So does 1 mean it dried really fast or slow and vise-versa with 1000?

It does has sections on: Dismount Feature, Density effects for unstacked locations, Variable Initiative Advanced Rule Option, New Mud Rules Scalar, and there is a detailed section on Naval combat that Bob originally posted on a thread somewhere.

A section on Supply Enhancements (thank the good Lord), a section on range limits and deployment recovery (most will figure those out by playing the game), but this last one is great once you have dug in your arty or hq units and use them to fire as they will retain their dug in status (I have verified this my PBEM games and its nice to know), also this effects air units which is really nice. For example if you put your Air units on AS or Int, or CS and then use that unit to do an individual ground attack or port or airfield attack at the end of that they retain their mission type so that if the turn ends you still have them in CS, Int or AS, same with the dug in arty.

There is a section on BFTS (battle field time stamps) and new bridge and destruction rules as well as a small paragraph for the new mud and snow rules.

There are a things that are not listed in the manual such as how to set the time to BC or AD, Alternative icon, equipment file stuff.

Lastly (and I did not know this, since I just found this file today) is a manual errata section!

Crazy stuff...

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario creator
Post #: 1
RE: Missing Documentation - 6/28/2019 1:43:22 PM   
76mm

Thanks for pointing this out. I guess I can see if the devs don't have time to update the manual, but they could at least put these files in the "Manuals" directory, where I would have expected to find any updated material like this...

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing Documentation - 6/28/2019 1:45:02 PM   
Lobster

The way things are right now there appears to be no progress on anything.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing Documentation - 6/28/2019 2:11:16 PM   
sPzAbt653

Well, Don [zovs] and I are working on a non-official manual that will address these issues. Don has done a reorganization and a reformat, and I am doing a proof-read/2nd reorg, after which we will incorporate the What's New stuff into the new document. When that is done we plan on posting it here on the Forum so that everyone else can/may contribute to errata/addenda and clarifications/corrections.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 4
RE: Missing Documentation - 6/28/2019 2:42:40 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Whenever there is an update, always consult this document. That's where the update info will be.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
RE: Missing Documentation - 6/28/2019 4:55:45 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Well, Don [zovs] and I are working on a non-official manual that will address these issues. Don has done a reorganization and a reformat, and I am doing a proof-read/2nd reorg, after which we will incorporate the What's New stuff into the new document. When that is done we plan on posting it here on the Forum so that everyone else can/may contribute to errata/addenda and clarifications/corrections.

Awesome!

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Missing Documentation Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI