Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will it include a Pacific DLC?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> WarPlan >> Will it include a Pacific DLC? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will it include a Pacific DLC? - 6/27/2019 10:55:37 PM   
CSSS

Is a Pacific or World at War it the developement?
Post #: 1
RE: Will it include a Pacific DLC? - 6/28/2019 2:32:21 AM   
fuzzypup

If the concept does well, yes.

Games worked on by Alvaro Sousa

Designer of the Strategic Command 2 products
- Brute Force (mod)
- Assault on Communism
- Assault on Democracy

Designer of the Strategic Command 3 products
- Map Image Importer

(in reply to CSSS)
Post #: 2
RE: Will it include a Pacific DLC? - 6/28/2019 7:55:09 AM   
juntoalmar

Meaning if the game rules work well, or if the game sells well?

Still, if there is a game editor, I guess some Pacific scenarios will be created, eventually.

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to fuzzypup)
Post #: 3
RE: Will it include a Pacific DLC? - 7/14/2019 2:07:29 PM   
Angron

I really think that the Pacific would be fantastic. Unlike being forced to wait to make forum posts lol.

Or not being picked to beta test xD

But yea there's far too few games that cover the Pacific that aren't casual. OOB Pacific is just panzer general in the pacific and that's way too simplistic for me.

On the other hand we have witp which desperately needs a spiritual successor to streamline it.

Imo the pacific gets far too little attention in ww2 games in general but especially in strategy titles.

(in reply to CSSS)
Post #: 4
RE: Will it include a Pacific DLC? - 7/14/2019 3:07:42 PM   
Numdydar

That is because it is so damned hard to model correctly. I have played two full PBEM games of War in the Pacific AE as Japan. In one game I had 2 major CV battles and the other one I had 3. The vast majority of the time you are just keeping your 'fleet in being' so the other side does not run wild. At least until the US shows up in overwhelming force lol.

Also all these battles were over in 1-2 days as we were using 1 day turns in the game. If the two week turn system from Warplan will be the same in the PTO, that will not be granular enough to really represent the PTO.

This is why so few games cover the entire war as the time and distance scales between the PTO and ETO can be so different to do justice to modelling how the two theaters work together. Most of the PTO battles were over in 1-2 weeks, with several exceptions. Sometimes just a few days.

World in Flames is the best one for the entire war imho with HoI 4 a close second. SC AOD I thought was pretty good, but not too fond of World at War. Not even playing it anymore simply because of the times scale and the map scale. Time scale too long and map too small for me.

(in reply to Angron)
Post #: 5
RE: Will it include a Pacific DLC? - 7/14/2019 4:08:53 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

World in Flames is the best one for the entire war imho with HoI 4 a close second. SC AOD I thought was pretty good, but not too fond of World at War. Not even playing it anymore simply because of the times scale and the map scale. Time scale too long and map too small for me.

Sorry, which World at War? GMT's one or Gary G's one?

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 6
RE: Will it include a Pacific DLC? - 7/15/2019 2:24:13 PM   
Numdydar

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Sorry, which World at War? GMT's one or Gary G's one?

I was referring to Strategic Command: World at War

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> WarPlan >> Will it include a Pacific DLC? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI