Hotseat games now include a replay not only of the last turn, but of the last moves on the same turn. This should allow for multiplayer games beyond 2 players as the Hotseat game save file can be shared between players and partners and opponents alike will be able to view the relevant replays of the current and last turn.
Editor/Game - MODs
The Editor/Game now include the ability to load MOD graphics from a USER MOD folder. In game this is done via the SETTINGS->MODS screen, and in the Editor by selecting the MODS drop down menu option. Typical path for a MOD graphics folder would be here:
C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - World at War\Mods
An example of a current graphical mod that is already compatible with the new file and loading structure would be the Iron Cross mod. Simply extract his mod and drop it into the above folder and you should then easily be able to turn on or off this mod in game or from within the Editor.
HQs will now disembark from an Amphibious Transport with supply = 10, with supply decreasing by 2 points per turn until it either reaches 0, or a new supply resource has been secured.
This is similar to how Special Forces now land with some inherent supply and allows us to model amphibiously landed HQs as a supply source similar to a Mulberry. This has also allowed us to remodel distribution supply for low supply HQs, lowering it, which in turn will lower supply for all units in a cutoff primarily supplied by an HQ.
• HQ distribution supply has been changed to the following:
o HQ supply = 0 will have a distribution supply value of 3 (previously it was 5).
o HQ supply 1 or 2 will have a distribution supply value of 5.
o HQ supply 3 or 4 will have a distribution supply value of 6 (previously it was 8).
o HQ supply 5 will have a distribution supply value of 8.
o HQ supply > 5 will have a distribution supply value of 10.
• HQs (boosting recap) can now only be linked if the first HQ has a supply value >= 3.
o The HQ to be linked must have a supply value < 5 and is now automatically boosted to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 8.
o This will improve distribution supply for boosted HQs that were at 3 or 4 supply (from 6 to 8), and more importantly, will allow them to 'operate' and 'upgrade' now that they are at 5 supply.
Lastly, friendly non cooperative majors will now provide a maximum supply of 3 to friendly units from resource supplying towns, cities and ports. Previously it was 0 supply.
What will this mean in game? (some examples)
- Cutoff pockets with HQs as their primary supply source will now have much lower supply.
- Overextended fronts, without properly linked HQs will have lower supply, which will mean longer drives such as those into the USSR will be a bit tougher on the Axis until captured resources have recovered from scorched earth etc.
- Japan will have a harder time in China in lower supply areas.
- North Africa will potentially be tougher for both sides as units outrun their supply lines, and the Malta effect will potentially be that much more devastating. Both sides would benefit from HQ linking and thus a second HQ depending upon how heavily invested their opponent is in either taking or defending North Africa.
- Initially landed D-Day units will have higher supply when HQs are positioned properly to provide maximum supply.
- Island hopping in the Pacific, will benefit from higher supply if an HQ is included and appropriately positioned as a part of any landing force.
- Countries such as Finland which is not directly connected to a higher supply source such as Germany will have lower supply as their HQ will by default have lower distribution supply unless positioned on top of a strength 5 city/town.
- Japanese units that venture into let's say German held territory, or vice versa will no longer suffer from an automatic drop to 0 supply if they are within range of a resource as those resources will provide a maximum of 3 supply.
- USSR is no longer a cooperative Major, so the maximum supply it can provide western Allied units is now 3 supply as well.
Malta Effect - Supply Related Events
With the new supply rule changes in mind, we have made an adjustment to how supply related events such as the Malta Effect will work going forward. Essentially the source position for a supply event, if one is set such as Malta, will now require the unit at that position to have a strength >= 5 or the event will not fire. Suppression as opposed to outright capture of locations such as Malta will now be possible in order to negate the supply reduction effects.
Playing Past the End Date
Players now have the option to play past the default end date via the OPTIONS->ADVANCED screen. All victory scripts designed to run only at the end game date will also be automatically skipped, however those that are set to run at any time once in game conditions are satisfied, will still fire as expected.
Morale Fixes and Adjustments
Several key script fixes/adjustments have been added regarding National Morale, and some combat and scripted unit morale effects have been corrected where either the losses against 0 morale units were too high, or a morale decrease effect was actually increasing unit morale instead. This should help slow down German units a bit more during events such as Soviet Winter and so on.
AI Logic and Speed Improvements
Dozens of improvements to the AI, including improved amphibious landings, fleet movements, and especially the US naval and transport AI logic. One significant speed improvement for land combat when there are many units on the map later in game as well.
A map scanning tool is now included which is an easy way to create a custom map for use in game from a bitmap file. This tool can be found in the root installation folder for the game under the 'Extras' folder.
< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 6/26/2019 1:49:57 PM >