Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is there a way to disband units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Is there a way to disband units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is there a way to disband units - 6/25/2019 2:37:16 PM   
HvMoltke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Something else to think about guys the scale of this game is really Div/Bde there are a lot of Bns scattered about at start for the allies which are usefull garrison but a Bn of Inf v a Regt will lose more often than not.

Take a long hard look at what you have in Australia and India - if you want to accelerate getting other forces ready for the fight and more importantly up to strength so they are not being diluted by replacements think long and hard about cannibalisation.....

22nd Motor Bn - probably not worth it unless you are short of militia replacements - more worth it after they upgrade to AIF 42 squads.
17th, 19th and 25th MG Bns on the other hand are strong candidates for a disband to the pool - those three MG Bn's can pretty much bring every Aus Militia Div more or less up to strength in MMG Sections - vital as so much of the Divs firepower is in the MMG's - if you have some to spare you can always rebuild the Bns in 6 mon ths time.

I read this in an AAR.( Andy Mac vs PZB) It makes sense for me to be able to rise those units I really need.
Is the possibility to disband units as Andy Mac points changed by an update?
Post #: 1
RE: Is there a way to disband units - 6/25/2019 2:47:17 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: HvMoltke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

Something else to think about guys the scale of this game is really Div/Bde there are a lot of Bns scattered about at start for the allies which are usefull garrison but a Bn of Inf v a Regt will lose more often than not.

Take a long hard look at what you have in Australia and India - if you want to accelerate getting other forces ready for the fight and more importantly up to strength so they are not being diluted by replacements think long and hard about cannibalisation.....

22nd Motor Bn - probably not worth it unless you are short of militia replacements - more worth it after they upgrade to AIF 42 squads.
17th, 19th and 25th MG Bns on the other hand are strong candidates for a disband to the pool - those three MG Bn's can pretty much bring every Aus Militia Div more or less up to strength in MMG Sections - vital as so much of the Divs firepower is in the MMG's - if you have some to spare you can always rebuild the Bns in 6 mon ths time.

I read this in an AAR.( Andy Mac vs PZB) It makes sense for me to be able to rise those units I really need.
Is the possibility to disband units as Andy Mac points changed by an update?

Not that I recall. As far as I know it should work.

(in reply to HvMoltke)
Post #: 2
RE: Is there a way to disband units - 6/25/2019 2:52:00 PM   
BBfanboy

Section 8.2.1 covers disbanding ground units (p. 184 in the paper manual). As originally written, the base for disbandment must have 100,000 tons of supply OR be one of the national bases. (Vladivostok, Auckland, Sydney, etc.). Updates to the game may have made it possible to use any base with a level 7 or greater port or airfield - not sure about that.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to HvMoltke)
Post #: 3
RE: Is there a way to disband units - 6/25/2019 3:26:58 PM   
Yaab

HvMoltke, you cannot disband an LCU if the LCU has a withdrawal date visible on its unit screen.

< Message edited by Yaab -- 6/25/2019 3:30:41 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Is there a way to disband units - 6/25/2019 8:02:51 PM   
HvMoltke

Thanx for the help. It is Yaab`s post which solves my problem.
I tried different units, but those with a withdrawal date can`t disband.
I`m playing BabesLite Scenario 26 and the AAR of AndyMac uses Scenario 2. So I think there is a difference in the Scenario data. The units AndyMac is disbanding don`t do that in my game.
I`m constantly reading AARs and learn a lot about WitPAE. This is my 6th game using Scen26

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 5
RE: Is there a way to disband units - 6/26/2019 5:14:13 AM   
Yaab

Sometimes the small things take away from the enjoyment of war.

(in reply to HvMoltke)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Is there a way to disband units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI