Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Nice plug for CMANO

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Nice plug for CMANO Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nice plug for CMANO - 6/24/2019 6:34:39 PM   
DWReese

Take a look at this.....It appeared today on the Yahoo web page.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/china-wins-war-why-got-140000034.html

Doug

< Message edited by DWReese -- 6/24/2019 6:53:53 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 6/24/2019 11:35:41 PM   
RoryAndersonWS

Thanks, tweeted about it!

Command Developer, Warfare Sims.
Command Videos: http://youtube.com/baloogan
http://baloogancampaign.com

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 2
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 6/28/2019 4:15:54 PM   
StellarRat

Not much of a plug for the LCS though.

(in reply to RoryAndersonWS)
Post #: 3
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 6/28/2019 6:06:33 PM   
CV60

quote:

Not much of a plug for the LCS though.

There is no such thing as a good plug for the LCS.....

(in reply to StellarRat)
Post #: 4
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 6/28/2019 6:53:02 PM   
morphin

Which scenario was it?

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 5
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 6/28/2019 10:58:47 PM   
DWReese

I believe that it is a version of "South China Clash."

Doug

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 6
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 6/29/2019 2:27:59 AM   
Dysta

There are other media journals and blogs featuring CMANO just for demonstrating SCC, they want to compare US with China in SCS, but this scenario might not be appropriate since it’s more about initial coastguard escalation. The Spartly Spat on LIVE can tell better, but so far I haven’t see any general media playing it.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 7
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 7/2/2019 5:22:30 PM   
StellarRat

quote:

There is no such thing as a good plug for the LCS.....

How true. You'd think for 1/2 a billion dollars it could at least defend itself from something bigger than a ski boat.

< Message edited by StellarRat -- 7/2/2019 5:23:32 PM >

(in reply to CV60)
Post #: 8
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 7/5/2019 11:27:23 AM   
LargeDiameterBomb

This is a old article, I remember reading it several years ago. Buut let's use it as a reason to have a go at the LCS.

All the smart establishment DoD people that defended the LCS and forced the program through, even though there were lots of excellent, well thought out and rational arguments made by both regular people with common sense and people with lots of experience in Surface Warfare, that these supposedly smart people had only very weak counterarguments for, should honestly be court martialled - or if civilians, be put on trial.

It is also interesting to note that the naysayers' arguments that were perfectly plausible in 2010 have stood the test of time while the arguments of the shills have... not fared that well.

The point that the LCS was basically a floating target with no clear way to use it in a tactically effective way, it was so obvious to anybody with a modicum of analytical capability and who had the ability to put their own emotions and wishes in the backseat while doing the analysis and forecasting.

The establishment, as usual, suffered from being to clever for their own good. I think that, and there is some research to support this, that people that are above average intelligence are people most affected by their own biases because they are quite good at rationalizing faulty positions they hold, because of their above average intelligence. And whereas people of average intelligence tend to be more grounded and common sense-oriented, people with slightly above average intelligence are intelligent enough that they are very good at coming up with plausible sounding (To themselves anyway) rationalizations of why their interpretation of things is the right one and likewise intelligent enough to be able to construct plausible sounding arguments of why their interlocutors' arguments are faulty.

The managerial class. Sigh. And who made the rise of China possible? Well, the elite of the west of course, by enforcing a ruthless policy of globalism, which basically meant moving manufacturing capacity and economic activity from the west to the east - and China in particular.
The managerial class will be the death of the west while China, ruthlessly meritocratic and very much given to common sense-thinking (Which the post modern left of the west has fought a war on over the last decades), will very soon have a technological as well as economical advantage over the west. And China does not care about human rights, freedom, equality, political correctness or any of the west's liberal shibboleths. And I for one, welcome our Chinese overlords.

Well, at least the USN will have twelve 125 m long mine-hunters with a top speed of about 41-43 kn, each bought at the facile price of only approximately half a billion- a billion USD apiece.

(in reply to StellarRat)
Post #: 9
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 7/6/2019 1:03:52 AM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeDiameterBomb

The managerial class. Sigh. And who made the rise of China possible? Well, the elite of the west of course, by enforcing a ruthless policy of globalism, which basically meant moving manufacturing capacity and economic activity from the west to the east - and China in particular.
The managerial class will be the death of the west while China, ruthlessly meritocratic and very much given to common sense-thinking (Which the post modern left of the west has fought a war on over the last decades), will very soon have a technological as well as economical advantage over the west. And China does not care about human rights, freedom, equality, political correctness or any of the west's liberal shibboleths. And I for one, welcome our Chinese overlords.

Well, at least the USN will have twelve 125 m long mine-hunters with a top speed of about 41-43 kn, each bought at the facile price of only approximately half a billion- a billion USD apiece.

Even US took three times amount of madness than today’s LCS, is still vastly (if not decisively) superior to Chinese Naval machines, compare with other arsenals. If China is truly an overlord, it will not be today, neither 10 years even giving them full extent of military advancement.

There are few other things US cannot afford to make a mistake though, and those are proper strategic deterrents, which mean alliances, nuclear weapon readiness, and ultimately the willpower to keep China in reality checks.

It may be true that LCS program dragged US Navy behind, but that doesn’t mean it’s all for naught: other countries did inspired from LCS and develop their own corvettes for their littoral defenses. US can use this fashion for their advantages.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 7/6/2019 1:14:05 AM >

(in reply to LargeDiameterBomb)
Post #: 10
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 7/6/2019 8:38:25 AM   
goldfinger35

It is not impossible that, at current rate of growth, China surpasses US military spending in a decade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJkMdiwXnwU

Skip to year 2000:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-2nqd6-ZXg

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 11
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 7/8/2019 4:33:14 PM   
StellarRat

quote:

ORIGINAL: goldfinger35

It is not impossible that, at current rate of growth, China surpasses US military spending in a decade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJkMdiwXnwU

Skip to year 2000:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-2nqd6-ZXg

Maybe, but the Chinese economy isn't growing as fast as it used to and it really depends on how smart they are about the size of their military and what they want to do. Do they want to protect the whole world like the US seems to want or just defend themselves?

(in reply to goldfinger35)
Post #: 12
RE: Nice plug for CMANO - 7/9/2019 3:16:31 AM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: StellarRat

Maybe, but the Chinese economy isn't growing as fast as it used to and it really depends on how smart they are about the size of their military and what they want to do. Do they want to protect the whole world like the US seems to want or just defend themselves?

Economy wise, it’s more about accessibility of resources than the wealth distribution, especially at wartime. A smuggling oiler can do a lot more damages than a freighter ship full of smartphones, when oil means fuel for war machines.

As for the challenge of hegemony and world orders, China and Russia are both firmly stated that US’s laws are not their laws. They may have some common goals and agreements that benefits everyone, but point missiles at each other and put military garrisons in foreign petty states are not one of them.

(in reply to StellarRat)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Nice plug for CMANO Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI