Awesome Game

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

39battalion

Awesome Game

Post by 39battalion »

Just returned to this game after a long break and I am finally understanding the air war phase of the game thanks to the many guides now available. So for the first time I am seeing the game as an integrated whole and I am able to fully appreciate the game design.

It is a beautifully crafted game and all the complex parts fit well together. The game map is a delight and the differing zoom levels are much appreciated.

It really is an incredible achievement. Challenging, complex and with great historical detail. I find it very immersive and satisfying to play.

Of course as with any game there are aspects which might have been done better but for me these are minor issues.

So to those who are still sitting on the fence or who have been deterred by the complexity I would encourage you to give it a go. You will need plenty of time and considerable patience but if you like deep historical war games you will love this.

And to the developers and the people who created the various very helpful game guides I say many thanks and well done
Dave25210

RE: Awesome Game

Post by Dave25210 »

Agree 100%, WITW is the best. It took me time to appreciate it due to its complexity, but now after couple of months I absolutely admire the great depth and detail, can't imagine how much time must've been invested into creating such a masterpiece. Btw, in the past I always tried to "improve" games by mods, but WITW (and WITE actually too) really don't need any, perfect out of the box. Big thanks to devs and to all others involved in improving it too!
mssm45

Post by mssm45 »

Totally agree, initially I thought that the West front is less interesting compared to East but it's was not the case.

So in addition to the improved game mechanics and new features, it's also a very interesting part of WWII.

And don't forget operation Torch, very interesting. It would be great to have a scenario covering the entire desert war.
AKA Belgavox
TankBushido

Post by TankBushido »

This game really is a tour de force. Thank you so much to the developers who created it and all who contributed to this game.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”