Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Imaginary outside of the box scenarios? Fictional scenarios?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Imaginary outside of the box scenarios? Fictional scenarios? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Imaginary outside of the box scenarios? Fictional scena... - 6/11/2019 8:19:02 AM   
baboeska

Hi there,
I'm attempting to game, with help from ???, an out of the box scenario.
I feel like being stuck in this box is a little bit limiting considering larger scale social, ecological, and other impacts of.
What got me thinking to paste this here, is the Kessler Syndrome post on satellite debris.
If you enjoy this please feel free to comment, if there is a more appropriate place for it, please advise.
This should not be taken literally and is more meant as an imaginary piece.

A rather unlivable world.

The idea of a runaway cascade natural process that we've triggered that now results in no further space access is pretty dire.
There's also the ionosphere to think about, and untold damage to... Possibly one of the several reasons high altitude nuclear tests were stopped (Project/Operation Rainbow I believe?).

Side topic hat on;
I am imaginarily gaming a similar scenario, the button got pushed and now what.

The actual incident that led to war happened a few months before, UN Weapons Inspectors working on false information supplied by hostile agent/s, they were not invited in politely.
A month before I said silent running.
The day before I feigned confusion in my state and made a friendly gesture as the missiles started to fly.
The army was reduced to a battalion after about 3 days.
The air force didn't do much with the speed of scramjets except to fly over and perform battle damage assessments like Vultures.
The Navy is still active, but I don't really know what they are up to. I suppose I should re-purpose them towards supply and logistics, with self-defense RoE.
The bunker got a bit dicey so I had to shoot the other megalomaniac, gotta be careful who you go flat with.
I sent out a few EAM's to prevent the loss of critical friendly units, though radio's were more or less silent for the initial 3 days.
I haven't heard what's happened with the new fake Dali-Lala, the religious front is going rather badly - a lot of the common people feel that God wouldn't authorise a solid nuking, but I assume that with the right pressure, he will confirm my intervention was justified, I'm pretty sure I've still got enough nukes stashed somewhere to take care of Tibet.
The core argument re compassion and mercy as presented by the puppet religious figurehead was all about how it prevents more suffering to nuke 250 million people, rather than to let those 250 million people continue in their evil ways.
There was another option but it was not in my vested interests to turn around to the UN and say "hey sort those guys out," nor was it at all likely based on previous track records.

About a month in, I'm wondering how ground forces are going to be resupplied and fed, and am using every shred of propaganda cred and whatever control of hostile empires has been gained to try to get them to pull a food-basket out of thin air, even went biblical on it and said "hey wait a second, two thirds of the earth is desert, not one third..." which checks out if you use google maps.
Odds are whatever is left of my navy has been reduced to piracy, whatever is left of my army is scavenging, and my civillian infrastructure is toast.

CMANO is the last video game left on the planet and I miss Tetris.
At least I have the Defcon edition, though validation will be difficult with steam now.
I got the dev's on side by promising them probably a total monopoly on the entire video gaming planet.
I'm a bit disappointed about the Pacific dead ocean as well, but ya know, needs must and people got to eat.
I'm pretty sure there are no crops growing in England now, and it's a bit of a shame they didn't spent up on saving the planet while they could, same for Rome and probably most of the Northern hemisphere.

In 10 years I'll be able to confirm as to whether or not the climate science went nuclear winter or nuclear summer.
If I'm the last person on earth, does that make me the Messiah?
Post #: 1
RE: Imaginary outside of the box scenarios? Fictional s... - 10/15/2019 9:03:51 AM   
baboeska

Ezekiel's chariot, Ezekiel's shield, Ezekiel's sword, seem the only rational options now.
The world is dead without.

(in reply to baboeska)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Imaginary outside of the box scenarios? Fictional scenarios? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI