Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Map/base misalignment on new map.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> RE: Map/base misalignment on new map. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Map/base misalignment on new map. - 9/27/2019 12:15:34 AM   
Rich Dionne

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tbilisi

Thanks, Rich. You are correct. I moved the save files from a 3.2.14 game.

Also, not to complain too much, but at least one of the functions displayed by left-clicking a base no longer work and the game needs to be saved and restarted to restore the function. In my case it affected the create TF option. If I select create TF I get no response. I did not try the function using a keyboard command. Might this also be related to the save files? I suppose I should just ditch the game and restart, but my curiosity was up.

Tbilisi,

You can run your old scenario file in version 3.2.15 with the new map if you edit the base X,Y locations in your old scenario files to match the base locations in the latest OBC41 scenario files. If you don't know how to do this, you can send me the scenario file and I'll fix it for you.

I don't know why you're having trouble with TF creation. I normally use keyboard shortcuts to interact with the game, but I tried using the mouse, and could see no problem. Do you see this issue in all scenarios or just your current one?

Regards,

Rich

(in reply to Tbilisi)
Post #: 61
RE: Map/base misalignment on new map. - 9/27/2019 3:30:24 AM   
Tbilisi

Hello, Rich.

I just tossed the old game because my folder had a lot of unaccountable clutter. The menu anomaly I spoke of has not occurred on a clean install of 3215.

Thanks for your help.

(in reply to Rich Dionne)
Post #: 62
RE: Pac 3.2.15 test - 10/2/2019 4:03:10 AM   
Rich Dionne

quote:

ORIGINAL: zeke99

6.2 Brit CVE TF finally did air attack on LCU. However icon used was P47, not F6 as on board.

I think I may have found out why you've been seeing issues in British CVE TFs not attacking. The Matrix 3.2 update expanded the Allied air groups below 250 in the air group database, but it looks like all of the code I'm finding still assumes Allied air groups do not start until 250. I'll get this old bug fixed and hopefully we'll less problems with our British CVE groups.

(in reply to zeke99)
Post #: 63
RE: Pac 3.2.15 test - 10/7/2019 10:46:46 PM   
Rich Dionne

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rich Dionne

quote:

ORIGINAL: zeke99

forgot re 83) all HQ on computer control, does 83) only apply human vs human?

This was supposed to fix the initial game setup so that if you were playing as human (against AI or another human), the HQs would show up as human control. I always hated to have to change every HQ to human control at the start of a game. I thought I had fixed this, but for some reason, this is still not happening for OBC42 or OBMARI, so I have some more fixing to do. Thanks for finding this!

Zeke, I think I figured this one out. I don't think there's anything wrong with my code change, the latest OBC42 and OBMARI scenario files have HQs all set to full computer control. If the Higher HQ bytes have 200 subtracted, all should be back to normal. I'll fix the scenarios for the next re-issue.

(in reply to Rich Dionne)
Post #: 64
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> RE: Map/base misalignment on new map. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI