Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Squad upgrades in the pools.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Squad upgrades in the pools. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Squad upgrades in the pools. - 6/9/2019 2:14:42 PM   
Ian R

Has anyone done any empirical testing to find out about upgrades of old squads in the pools -

1. Does "upgrades start 6 months after the device stops production" mean -

(a) last month plus 6 clear months - i.e., if deliveries stop in January do upgrades start in August;or

(b) do they start in the sixth month - in the above example meaning July?

2. What is the rate of upgrade, i.e. -

(a) Is there a % rate per day (or month) and if so is it +/- by some random factor; or

(b) Do the upgrades all take place over a set period of time, be it a day (seems unlikely), a month or six months or whatever?

This enquiry is directed to the latest beta exe.

I am hoping someone has already "sandboxed" this.

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R
Post #: 1
RE: Squad upgrades in the pools. - 6/9/2019 4:57:17 PM   
GetAssista

Squads can come into pools either from production or from LCU upgrades, when substituted for a newer version.

First ones (produced squads) can loiter for some time in the pools and will gradually turn into new version. So you can usually see both old and new squads in the pools at the same time. Everything you cited from the manual is about that type of upgrading. Can't give you specific details or numbers though.

Second ones (replaced squads) are turned into new version immediately upon arrival to the pools if the upgrade is available. So you can fully upgrade a 450-squad ID when accumulating only 150 new squads in the pools, consequently upgrading regiments A/B/C in 3 days. Very important knowledge for the Allies.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 2
RE: Squad upgrades in the pools. - 6/9/2019 5:23:41 PM   
Ian R

So, sounds like it's a good idea to empty the Indian Infantry Section 42 pool into the under-strength/rebuilt divisions in training, so that you can start upgrading them to the 1943 version after a couple of months, rather than leaving them in the pool to eventually upgrade and be available to replace losses. You could always disband a division to provide reinforcements. Same could be said for the Australian Army - various formations disband into the pools in 1943, so better to use them to in effect upgrade the 1942 infantry sections to the '43 version before they go, rather than have those sitting idle in the pools until about September.

< Message edited by Ian R -- 6/9/2019 5:25:55 PM >

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 3
RE: Squad upgrades in the pools. - 6/10/2019 5:15:43 PM   
GetAssista

Ah, forgot about squads from disbanded units. They behave the same ways as produced squads it seems, in that they arrive at the pools as is, in the version that was there in the disbanded LCU.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Squad upgrades in the pools. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI