Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

naval interception

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> naval interception Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
naval interception - 6/9/2019 3:46:45 AM   
IBender

I have a japanese fleet at sea. it has carriers, carrier planes and cruisers in it. Japanese conduct a port strike on singapore. They use 100% of their planes on the strike. When the English go, (during their turn) they move ships into the same sea zone as the striking japanese fleet.

I have been trying to understand if the japanese carrier planes will be able to fight should there be naval air combat, I would think they could not as they were all used to do the port strike, but I am not sure. I played through this and there indeed was naval air combat and actually 100% of the japanese planes were able to participate and fight against the english.

My question is...can someone point me towards where this is explained in the rules. On one side I would think the japanese planes could not fight, but on the other I can also see how they could fight. This is all in my head though and I would like to actually read the specific rule that deals with this so I can better plan naval movments.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: naval interception - 6/9/2019 4:26:54 AM   
rkr1958

quote:

ORIGINAL: IBender

I have a japanese fleet at sea. it has carriers, carrier planes and cruisers in it. Japanese conduct a port strike on singapore. They use 100% of their planes on the strike. When the English go, (during their turn) they move ships into the same sea zone as the striking japanese fleet.

I have been trying to understand if the japanese carrier planes will be able to fight should there be naval air combat, I would think they could not as they were all used to do the port strike, but I am not sure. I played through this and there indeed was naval air combat and actually 100% of the japanese planes were able to participate and fight against the english.

My question is...can someone point me towards where this is explained in the rules. On one side I would think the japanese planes could not fight, but on the other I can also see how they could fight. This is all in my head though and I would like to actually read the specific rule that deals with this so I can better plan naval movments.

Thanks.
During a naval air battle, carrier planes always fly regardless if they're disorganized or not. Disorganized carrier planes just can't port strike, ground strike or provide ground support. Otherwise they fly and count, if applicable, to give your ships a higher search number.

Also, did you know in the air-to-air portion of a naval air combat that planes that "abort" don't really abort. I'm talking about voluntarily aborting to end the air-to-air (only) and not being aborted by a result during the air to air battle itself. Planes that voluntarily abort during the air-to-air can't attack during that round of naval combat but remain in the sea area for possible following rounds if their side decides to remain. This includes land base air too.

Ronnie

(in reply to IBender)
Post #: 2
RE: naval interception - 6/9/2019 7:10:18 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: IBender

Thanks.

Rule for playing without the CV-planes
RAC: 14.4 CV units

And the rule for playing with the CVP option.
RAC: 14.4.1 Carrier plane units

Cut from 14.4.1: A disorganized carrier plane can take part in a naval air combat but only if it is flying from an undamaged
CV in that area. Carrier planes can never fly a naval air mission from a CV into another sea area.

Intend attacking at dawn high water.

(in reply to IBender)
Post #: 3
RE: naval interception - 6/9/2019 2:44:02 PM   
IBender

quote:

ng that round of naval combat but remain in the sea area fo

This helped a lot thanks

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 4
RE: naval interception - 6/9/2019 2:44:28 PM   
IBender

Thank you both

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> WIF School >> naval interception Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI