Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Random Q's

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Random Q's Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Random Q's - 6/3/2019 1:55:25 PM   
Bamilus

Hey all,

I'm finally really starting to get into this game and have a few random questions (will have more later):

1. Is there any way to see the combat results or damage from an RBC or from (forget the specific term) fire from moving along an enemies ZOC?
2. I like having the BTS on the map but I hate having the swords show on top of the counters. Is there a way to keep the BTS icons but have them show underneath the counters (at least for the red one in the bottom right)?
3. Is there any way to edit the games hotkeys?

Thanks yall

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee
Post #: 1
RE: Random Q's - 6/3/2019 2:59:11 PM   
Zovs

Not 100% sure but my guess:
1. No
2. Unknown
3. No

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario creator

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 2
RE: Random Q's - 6/3/2019 3:32:04 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Not 100% sure but my guess:
1. No
2. Unknown
3. No

Dang, don't like the answers but appreciate the quick response.

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 3
RE: Random Q's - 6/3/2019 4:05:36 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus
3. Is there any way to edit the games hotkeys?

Actually you can probably do this with a free third party program called AutoHotKeys. It is a great program, and I've used it to extensively modify the hotkeys for the Panzer Campaign series. I haven't actually used it for TOAW yet, but expect that it should work.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 4
RE: Random Q's - 6/4/2019 4:52:01 PM   
Shadrach

1. Yeah, I really wish these results would be available in Combat Results to be checked by the player. Sometimes these things are quite significant.

2. No but you can mod your tiles_misc to make them less intrusive and not obscure the unit stats below. I've done it myself, with Cabido's swords, which are *much* nicer-looking too

3. I've made a script for WASD controls in Autohotkey, and moved the most used controls near the left of the keyboard, works great and saves time when doing stuff on lots of units.
https://pastebin.com/ZJFQyZcX
https://www.autohotkey.com/

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 5
RE: Random Q's - 6/4/2019 10:11:08 PM   
Lobster

You should be given information about any losses your side takes regardless the reason. Shouldn't be left in the dark about what happens on your own side.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 6
RE: Random Q's - 6/5/2019 3:41:30 PM   
Bamilus

Have a few more Q's, some are probably dumb and have been answered but I'm just trying to wrap my head around it -

1. Found answer

2. At end of turn, if I want artillery to support troops that are defending, should I keep artillery in tactical reserve mode or defense mode (dug in), disregarding supply considerations?

3. The manual says that cooperation penalties apply to both defender and attack. Does this mean to both attack and defender within the same battle? E.g. I'm attacking with a 67% efficiency due to no cooperation, does that reduce the defender by the same amount and thereby make the battle less bloody? Or does it just mean that a defender will also have any cooperation penalties if it has non cooperating units defending in the same hex with it (or supporting it)?

4. What is an RBC stand? When someone passes a QC on an RBC check they no longer are subject to RBC checks until they lose 50% or more strength, right?

< Message edited by Bamilus -- 6/5/2019 4:36:56 PM >

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 7
RE: Random Q's - 6/5/2019 4:58:42 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

Have a few more Q's, some are probably dumb and have been answered but I'm just trying to wrap my head around it -

1. Found answer

2. At end of turn, if I want artillery to support troops that are defending, should I keep artillery in tactical reserve mode or defense mode (dug in), disregarding supply considerations?

Either. Dug in has defensive advantages if the unit is attacked, but tactical can't be knocked out of support mode.

quote:

3. The manual says that cooperation penalties apply to both defender and attack. Does this mean to both attack and defender within the same battle? E.g. I'm attacking with a 67% efficiency due to no cooperation, does that reduce the defender by the same amount and thereby make the battle less bloody? Or does it just mean that a defender will also have any cooperation penalties if it has non cooperating units defending in the same hex with it (or supporting it)?

The latter.

quote:

4. What is an RBC stand? When someone passes a QC on an RBC check they no longer are subject to RBC checks until they lose 50% or more strength, right?

Right.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 8
RE: Random Q's - 7/27/2019 1:15:09 AM   
Bamilus

New Q: do you guys give the computer any handicap? I have AI set to strong but am wondering if I should give 20% handicap, too. Or is it situational based on each scenario?

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 9
RE: Random Q's - 7/27/2019 1:19:10 AM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

New Q: do you guys give the computer any handicap? I have AI set to strong but am wondering if I should give 20% handicap, too. Or is it situational based on each scenario?

I'm guessing it depends on the scenario. D21 is already a trial so I don't go further than setting the AI to "strong". I would probably never win if I give the AI a handicap on top of that. I don't know actually, I've never tried it. That's the next thing I need to test.

you can't get off unless you cough.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 10
RE: Random Q's - 7/27/2019 3:17:39 AM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

do you guys give the computer any handicap?

If a scenario isn't much of a challenge then the first [and easiest] thing you can do is up the PO boost. For D21, I go Strong +2

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Random Q's Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI