Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Corvette Carriers?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Corvette Carriers? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Corvette Carriers? - 6/3/2019 1:13:25 PM   
kevinkins

https://www.usni.org/magazines/proceedings/2019/june/corvette-carriers-new-littoral-warfare-strategy

Might be interesting to try to sim this.

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

Post #: 1
RE: Corvette Carriers? - 6/3/2019 7:34:32 PM   
ARCNA442

What is there to sim? It's just the same tired argument for the sort of missile boats that are already in so many existing scenarios. Using an heavy lift ship to transport them to the theater also isn't new - that's how we've always moved small craft around. It's just the sort of routine logistics operation that no one bothers to make CMANO scenarios about.

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 2
RE: Corvette Carriers? - 6/3/2019 9:15:27 PM   
SeaQueen

The original Pegasus-class PGH CONOPs included tender ships. They never got the required tenders, so they were always screwed maintenance wise, and never reached their full potential.

quote:

What is there to sim? It's just the same tired argument for the sort of missile boats that are already in so many existing scenarios. Using an heavy lift ship to transport them to the theater also isn't new - that's how we've always moved small craft around. It's just the sort of routine logistics operation that no one bothers to make CMANO scenarios about.

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 3
RE: Corvette Carriers? - 6/3/2019 10:37:01 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: SeaQueen

The original Pegasus-class PGH CONOPs included tender ships. They never got the required tenders, so they were always screwed maintenance wise, and never reached their full potential.

quote:

Interesting. Where did you read this?

Pegasi seemed to operate from Key West most career except early when they went to Med.

Thank!

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 4
RE: Corvette Carriers? - 6/5/2019 10:10:13 PM   
kevinkins

Was gonna post this in the News section, but since we were talking about mothership concepts ... the pics are somewhat relevant.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28384/saudis-rescue-injured-iranian-sailor-from-covert-mothership-supporting-yemeni-rebels

Kevin

“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
― Alfred Thayer Mahan

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 5
RE: Corvette Carriers? - 6/6/2019 2:34:16 AM   
SeaQueen

quote:

ORIGINAL: BDukes
Interesting. Where did you read this?

Pegasi seemed to operate from Key West most career except early when they went to Med.

Thank!

Yeah... the were designed around a Soviet Mediterranean breakout scenario.

http://www.hydrofoilworld.org/theater/PDF/GJPHMStory.pdf

There used to be a more detailed article on PHMs. I'll have to go hunting for it.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> The War Room >> Corvette Carriers? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI