Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

King of the Hill - Alcedo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> King of the Hill - Alcedo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
King of the Hill - Alcedo - 6/2/2019 2:03:07 AM   
Whicker

This is a very cargo/land unit based scenario. The AI side is a little too good even though they both have the same exact unit make up. I'm surprised at how good the AI side is actually, I just played it once and got totally whooped.
If you don't like the land units then this is not for you. On the other hand if you like the land units and maybe even a BB then this might be for you!

Time period is roughly 2000. All units are US units.

-----------------
Take control of Mount Alcedo - points added for keeping a unit within the ref points.

Both sides have the same exact units - if you have a sub, they have a sub. If you have a Patriot SAM, so do they. Units are also roughly in the same positions on both sides - so the enemy subs are on their side of the map roughly positioned the same as yours - ie at game start there are no subs west of the main island.

This is all about cargo. Ideally you should separate the recon units from anything else and use them to gain awareness of the situation. The Red side does this quite well and will have recon units in several place very quickly. All of the Red side cargo drops are regular cargo missions, there is no teleporting or lua magic for their side, it is all the same as what you have access to with cargo missions.

It is important that your ground units have Engage Opportunities - Yes, or be on a Ground ASuW mission. Otherwise they will likely not fire on the enemy. Another way to do this is to set the Side Doctrine to Engage Opportunities: Yes and then change the ships and any missions you do not want like that to No.

The enemy side has cargo missions all setup at game start, and they will launch as soon as they are within range. If you do not do the same you will likely not be as quick as the enemy and they will control the high ground.

In order to separate the recon units at the LZ you have to load recon units with either Artillery or SAM units - if you load a CH-53 with all recon units, they will disembark as 1 unit and you will not be able to separate them. To get around this consider loading the CH-53s with one recon unit and one artillery unit, or SAM units. Then when they reach the LZ you will have the Recon units as Infantry and the other units will be separate.

When loading a Patriot you should load the Vehicle with the AN/MPQ-65 in the same LCAC - when they disembark they will become one unit. Not sure what happens if you do not do this - I think maybe the Patriot won't fire? not sure.

The weather is important, there are solid clouds at 7k.

Good Luck

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Whicker -- 6/2/2019 6:56:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: King of the Hill - Alcedo - 6/2/2019 6:59:10 PM   
Whicker

Re-uploaded with minor changes:
- added more AIM-9Ms
- removed Reds diesel sub as it was not acting properly, red now has 1 sub
- changed red WRA for harpoons

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> King of the Hill - Alcedo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI