Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Is there any point to not digging in all of your units towards the end of your turn?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> RE: Is there any point to not digging in all of your units towards the end of your turn? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Is there any point to not digging in all of your un... - 5/28/2019 10:38:53 AM   
Zovs

Manual is lacking in many areas.

Do a search for Variability, only one reference, nothing about it in the event editor. Is it (I have forgotten, and the manual does not say, I'll have to find my COW manual and double check, I swore Talonsoft wrote it in their manuals) %, turn range, or what?

The manual is like Swiss cheese.

War in the East/War in the East II - Alpha Test Teams
WarPlan Beta Tester
DG CWIE2 tester/SPWW2 and SPMBT playtester/scenario & campaign creator

(in reply to Magpius)
Post #: 31
RE: Is there any point to not digging in all of your un... - 5/28/2019 6:44:03 PM   
Bamilus

Manual sucks and it's only from me spending dozens of hours looking through every single forum post that I even have somewhat of an idea how to play this game. If they make a TOAW 5 they should put half the budget to fixing the manual and I guarantee they'll get a ton more players. There's so many things in the TOAW4 manual that make no sense even after I re-read 10 times.

I own almost the entire suite of Matrix products and I can safely say the TOAW manual is among one of the worst. Besides ambiguous text and bad references, the manual doesn't ever teach you how to actually play and considering with the time mechanics that the best way to play is counter-intuitive for most people used to regular turn based games.

Thank you Zovs, Larry, spz, lobster, Bob, Oberst and whomever else I'm not remembering for your posts and help over the years. I've literally scrounged TOAW4 and TOAW3 forum boards just to find out how to play this game and you all have helped.

< Message edited by Bamilus -- 5/28/2019 6:49:31 PM >

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to Zovs)
Post #: 32
RE: Is there any point to not digging in all of your un... - 5/28/2019 7:58:23 PM   
Lobster

TOAW Volume 1 manual has a tutorial at the end. It's for the Korea 50-51 scenario. That's where I learned to play the game. They copy and paste the whole thing, mistakes included, but leave out one of the most used portions.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 5/28/2019 7:59:13 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 33
RE: Is there any point to not digging in all of your un... - 5/28/2019 8:01:33 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

TOAW Volume 1 manual has a tutorial at the end. It's for the Korea 50-51 scenario. That's where I learned to play the game. They copy and paste the whole thing, mistakes included, but leave out one of the most used portions.

That tutorial is one of the tutorials provided in the tutorial folder.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 34
RE: Is there any point to not digging in all of your un... - 5/28/2019 8:03:51 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

Yea, I find it pretty meh TBH, but it is something.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 35
RE: Is there any point to not digging in all of your un... - 5/28/2019 8:25:39 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

quote:

I have a fairly detailed tutorial on my France 1944 D-Day scenario here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1546619

It's a little dusty, but still has good points that have helped other players.

My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 36
RE: Is there any point to not digging in all of your un... - 5/28/2019 10:27:51 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bamilus

quote:

I have a fairly detailed tutorial on my France 1944 D-Day scenario here:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1546619

It's a little dusty, but still has good points that have helped other players.

Hey Bob,

I have read that one - very helpful!

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> RE: Is there any point to not digging in all of your units towards the end of your turn? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI