Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How Can I order my land units to fire at will?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How Can I order my land units to fire at will? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How Can I order my land units to fire at will? - 5/19/2019 5:07:40 PM   
fatgreta1066

I'm playing the community scenario The 4th of July. This involves a lot of land combat. I notice as I play it that unless I manually order my land units to fire at specific targets they won't attack, or even defend themselves. I considered trying to make the doctrine for my side Weapons Free for all land or air targets (just to make sure my SAMs fire at enemy AC, which they have been doing anyway). The problem with that is I often use support missions to create rally points for strike aircraft, and if I have my doctrine set at weapons free for land targets then I think those AC will start engaging any targets they are able to reach. I considered making a support mission and adding only my land units, making that doctrine weapons free, but I don't want them to change positions. I could manually select all my land units and change their doctines manually (I can do that as a group). However I'm not even sure that doctrine setting will accomplish what I hope for. Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: How Can I order my land units to fire at will? - 5/19/2019 6:28:13 PM   
DWReese

I was just discussing this in another thread.

Give your Land Units a Ground Attack mission, but don't list any specific target. Also, make sure that they can fire at targets of opportunity. You can also give them an "Optimistic" setting, instead of "Pessimistic." Finally, you can let them shoot FREE, instead of TIGHT.

If you do this, these guys will fire away at everything. In fact, you MAY have to explore some ways to tone them down a little bit.

Units will ALWAYS work better if they are assigned to a MISSION rather than simply given a plotted or stationary position.

Hopefully, this will help. If not, perhaps I didn't completely understand what you were talking about.

Doug

(in reply to fatgreta1066)
Post #: 2
RE: How Can I order my land units to fire at will? - 5/19/2019 8:07:55 PM   
Whicker

if you want them to be stationary you just need to set `allow targets of opportunity` I think. Then they should fire at anything hostile that is within range.

(in reply to DWReese)
Post #: 3
RE: How Can I order my land units to fire at will? - 5/20/2019 12:53:25 AM   
fatgreta1066

Awesome, thank you both.

(in reply to Whicker)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> How Can I order my land units to fire at will? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI