Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Action at Dawn ( a mod of Iwo Jima 45 )

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> Action at Dawn ( a mod of Iwo Jima 45 ) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Action at Dawn ( a mod of Iwo Jima 45 ) - 5/19/2019 7:05:09 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's the original Jap dispositions at game start and right away I detect a problem. The Jap units look way too much like the Marine units. I don't want to have to decide which is which for the entire game. I clearly need to change the color of the Jap units. So I'm going to modify this scenario by recoloring the Jap uniforms and I'll call it "Action at Dawn".

Attachment (1)

there's two things that everyone needs to know: (1) 90% of the human race lives near the coast. (2) human beings can't breathe under water.
Post #: 1
RE: Action at Dawn ( a mod of Iwo Jima 45 ) - 5/19/2019 7:09:20 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's a link to a thread where an expert has found a good source for the colors of the uniforms of the various nations and has supplied the numbers to use to construct a COL file for your scenario. Here's the link:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4597257&mpage=1&key=

So using those numbers for the Jap uniform I get this:

Attachment (1)

there's two things that everyone needs to know: (1) 90% of the human race lives near the coast. (2) human beings can't breathe under water.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 2
RE: Action at Dawn ( a mod of Iwo Jima 45 ) - 5/19/2019 7:31:10 AM   
larryfulkerson

Here's a line from the GAM file of a Japanese HQ unit and it's color is 77 so that's the one to change
]<UNIT ID="3" NAME="HQ 2nd Mixed Bgd" ICON="Headquarters" ICONID="0" COLOR="77" SIZE="Division"

And here's the changed line from the COL file for number 77:
<COLOR ID="77" MainBackground="9997903" Background="10649919" Foreground="16777215" Numbers="0"/>

Changing the numbers to match those that should be used for a Jap uniform will get you a new COL file. I usually save it with the same name. If needed, move the new COL file to the appropriate folder inside your Graphics Override directory and then run the scenario through the editor to make the editor read the new COL file and save the scenario with the same name, or a different one if you prefer. It should be good to go now.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 5/19/2019 12:59:55 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: Action at Dawn ( a mod of Iwo Jima 45 ) - 5/19/2019 3:28:05 PM   
larryfulkerson

Posted below is the modified scenario. Enjoy. Good hunting.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> After Action Reports >> Action at Dawn ( a mod of Iwo Jima 45 ) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI