Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allowable miles for air units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Allowable miles for air units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allowable miles for air units - 5/16/2019 7:46:49 PM   
thedoctorking

When does this reset? Is it in your own logistics phase or the enemy's? That is, does it make any sense to transfer an air unit from National Reserve directly to a front-line air base or should you send it to a rear area base one turn and then transfer it up to the front on the subsequent turn? I've been using rear area bases for those squadrons that still have a high fatigue level after one turn in the NR (because of the fatigue bug that has been discussed), but I've been sending units that look ready to fight right back to the front. But I'm looking at that 100% miles flown number and wondering if I'm just sending some more targets up there for enemy airbase attack missions. Anybody know the answer to this?
Post #: 1
RE: Allowable miles for air units - 5/17/2019 7:01:04 AM   
morvael

The miles flown are reset in your logistics phase, so for the entire enemy turn the air groups are inactive.

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 2
RE: Allowable miles for air units - 5/17/2019 8:35:39 AM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael

The miles flown are reset in your logistics phase, so for the entire enemy turn the air groups are inactive.

Many many times I have assigned air groups from national reserve at the end of a turn and seen them do intercepts during the enemy action phase many times. Indeed my whole air war game plan is based on using fresh fighters out of reserve to do the fighting during the enemy's phase so that you can worry less about the fighter fatigue of the other fighters during your action phase. This was used extensively for example in the 8MP game. I have spent a long time testing this to be absolutely sure they were the airgroups from NR and not others. So are you sure what you say is correct, or could there be a bug allowing this anyway?

I also have examples of games where a single enemy fighter group has chased around numerous recon missions, then conducted numerous interceptions and CAPs; to the point that doing a back of the envelope calculation they must have flown their air miles many times over. So I concluded that there is no limit on the number of air miles of air groups during an enemy action phase. The only limits are that you cannot bump the number of missions with manual missions, plus limits from fatigue/air doc/airbase supply etc. If air miles are not counted during an enemy action phase, is this why air groups on 100% air miles flown can still fly during the enemy action phase?

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 5/17/2019 8:38:44 AM >

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 3
RE: Allowable miles for air units - 5/17/2019 9:07:33 AM   
morvael

We may be both right, miles are reset in your logistics phase, but they are not preventing the group from flying in the enemy phase. I would have to check that in the code.

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 4
RE: Allowable miles for air units - 5/17/2019 4:23:14 PM   
thedoctorking

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael

We may be both right, miles are reset in your logistics phase, but they are not preventing the group from flying in the enemy phase. I would have to check that in the code.

If so, that seems odd. But yes, I have been following Tele's advice in this matter, seeing it apparently working, but wondering how.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Allowable miles for air units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI