Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Playing the basic warship tutorial and have questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Playing the basic warship tutorial and have questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Playing the basic warship tutorial and have questions - 5/15/2019 12:15:07 PM   
Antmf_slith

Hey all, I can sink the sub no problem, I can destroy the land targets but the ship in sector C is giving me a hard time. How do I light the ship up with my chopper so i can use Sams on my ship from cover to destroy it? It seems like the chopper gets in way to close and gets killed. So how do you complete this mission?

P.S. I am getting fired on and the weapons appear out of no where while I am just at the S/E tip of that middle island. Is this from the Nanchuuka and if it is how are they getting a lock on me with guided weaponsif I am what appears to be just on the other side of island?

< Message edited by Antmf -- 5/15/2019 12:19:19 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Playing the basic warship tutorial and have questions - 5/17/2019 4:04:19 AM   
mavfin

If you want to use the Hellfires on the missile boat:
First, bring the chopper in at 20-30m altitude, hover it just inside Hellfire range. That puts it outside the 30mm range, and too low for the SA-N-4s to shoot at the chopper. 18.2M is minimum launch altitude on the Hellfires, I think.
Set the Chopper so it doesn't auto-RTB when out of weapons, because if it does, the first thing it'll do is climb as it turns away, and it'll eat a missile. When the chopper is out of missiles, unassign the chopper, immediately pause, so you can set it back to terrain following altitude, then cruise away at that altitude until you're at least 5 nm away from the missile boat, then you can climb.

If you just want to light up the missile boat for the DDG to kill it with missiles:
Leave the chopper in the C ref point area, and climb to ~1000m/3000ft with the radar on.

If you set the quick turnaround checkbox, you can re-arm the 2nd chopper with Hellfires as soon as it lands from sinking the sub. 2 loads of Hellfires will almost always sink the missile boat, and often will disable at least half the SS-N-9s as well. If you're careful with the RTB so that it doesn't climb till at least 5nm away, you can get away w/o a scratch.

Also, if you keep your radar on, and don't use up your SAMs on surface targets, you can handle all six missiles inbound at once pretty easily. Then you can steam in and kill him with 5" shells if you want.

Edit: If you have your radars on, he's probably getting an ESM fix on you to fire his missiles with.

< Message edited by mavfin -- 5/17/2019 4:05:57 AM >

(in reply to Antmf_slith)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Playing the basic warship tutorial and have questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI