Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Corrupted SCE File

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Corrupted SCE File Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Corrupted SCE File - 5/12/2019 11:43:58 PM   
rhinobones

Recently was testing a hot seat game and after saving turn 12 discovered that the original SCE file had been corrupted. All of the formation/unit positions from the saved game turn 12 had been copied into, and replaced, the original SCE turn 1 starting positions.

Firing up a new game has all of the usual turn 1 player options, but the events and unit deployments are all advanced to turn 12.

Somehow the original SCE deployments have been overwritten by the turn 12 save. I saved turn 12 as a “save as” file, which is a normal, but the software seemed to think otherwise.

I have copies of the corrupted SCE file, turn 12 file and an older, but original, SCE file for analysis.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil
Post #: 1
RE: Corrupted SCE File - 5/13/2019 9:42:42 PM   
Shadrach

Did you save the save file over the SCE file? The save file should have a .SAL extension, not .SCE. Rename the SCE file to SAL and you should be able to continue the game, and restore the original SCE file you have to the correct scenarios location.

< Message edited by Shadrach -- 5/14/2019 10:32:42 AM >

(in reply to rhinobones)
Post #: 2
RE: Corrupted SCE File - 5/14/2019 10:52:11 PM   
rhinobones

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shadrach

Did you save the save file over the SCE file? The save file should have a .SAL extension, not .SCE. Rename the SCE file to SAL and you should be able to continue the game, and restore the original SCE file you have to the correct scenarios location.

Appreciate the response.

Continuing the current game is not a problem. The problem is that SCE file has been advanced to T12 conditions and any new game begins at the point.

The turn file was saved as a normal TOAW end of turn function so there was no mixing, or overlaying, of the SAL file over the SCE file. The SAL file was never in an edit mode so the possibility of saving as a SCE file does not exist. Its just a mystery to me which I hope the support team will investigate.

Regards, RhinoBones

Colin Wright:
Comprehensive Wishlist Forum #467 . . . The Norm (blessed be His name, genuflect three times and accept all values in the program as revealed truth)

Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

(in reply to Shadrach)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support >> Corrupted SCE File Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI