Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign 3 Human Wave Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Campaign 3 Human Wave Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign 3 Human Wave Question - 5/11/2019 2:22:34 PM   
jcrohio

I know this is a shot in the dark as this game is no longer supported but hoping someone can provide me with a clue to my question.

I am playing the German campaign and have run into a problem with the third scenario, Human Wave. The first turn starts of normally but after that there are no Russian reinforcements. There are supposed to be waves of Russian reinforcements but this never happens. I am very comfortable with the editor and have loaded this scenario in the editor and the reinforcements are indeed there. I looked at some old posts and read about the difficulty of this scenario in handling the waves of Russians so I know at one time this did work.

This scenario does use Events. This is showing up in the editor as Type 38 Human Wave AA Gun and Type 31 Human Wave. The Type 38 Human Wave AA Gun (I assume this provides the Germans with an AA gun) shows up some of the time (not all). The Type 31 Human Wave (I assume this is what causes the Human Wave) never shows up. I have run through the scenario numerous times. I assume theses two events are hard coded as no xls files contain anything about them. I really don't understand much about Events excluding what I have read in LnL manuals from their board games.

I did reinstall the game but that did not help.

Any ideas?
Jack
Post #: 1
RE: Campaign 3 Human Wave Question - 5/13/2019 7:39:00 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcrohio

I know this is a shot in the dark as this game is no longer supported but hoping someone can provide me with a clue to my question.

I am playing the German campaign and have run into a problem with the third scenario, Human Wave. The first turn starts of normally but after that there are no Russian reinforcements. There are supposed to be waves of Russian reinforcements but this never happens. I am very comfortable with the editor and have loaded this scenario in the editor and the reinforcements are indeed there. I looked at some old posts and read about the difficulty of this scenario in handling the waves of Russians so I know at one time this did work.

This scenario does use Events. This is showing up in the editor as Type 38 Human Wave AA Gun and Type 31 Human Wave. The Type 38 Human Wave AA Gun (I assume this provides the Germans with an AA gun) shows up some of the time (not all). The Type 31 Human Wave (I assume this is what causes the Human Wave) never shows up. I have run through the scenario numerous times. I assume theses two events are hard coded as no xls files contain anything about them. I really don't understand much about Events excluding what I have read in LnL manuals from their board games.

I did reinstall the game but that did not help.

Any ideas?
Jack

Hi Jack,

I do not think that my words will help you, but at least I'll try.

I have only played this scenario once, and I did it a long time ago (maybe two years ago). But I remember perfectly that I suffered an authentic human wave of Soviet soldiers. I sure that the Russian reinforcements works, do not hesitate.

Also, I remember reading the message "They're too many! Fall back to the secondary positions." Examining now the Excel Script file I verified that it corresponds with line 21, that is, Event # 113.

However, I do not remember seeing the event "Type 38 Human Wave AA Gun and Type 31 Human Wave". It also does not exist in the Excel Script file, so it is very likely that "theses two events are hard coded as not xls files" as you are also thinking.

Finally, although I imagine that you have done it, when the original "Heroes of Stalingrad" program is installed again, you have to update the code (I'll copy an image of what I want to tell you).

Attachment (1)

Semper fidelis

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 2
RE: Campaign 3 Human Wave Question - 5/13/2019 11:39:20 PM   
jcrohio

Thanks for the reply. I know it has worked as I read an old thread with numerous people complaining about how hard it was. I too have seen the message "They're too many! Fall back to the secondary positions." In fact I have tried the scenario 4 or 5 times and always seen it. As far as seeing the event "Type 38 Human Wave AA Gun and Type 31 Human Wave", I have only seen them in the editor when using the Tab key and going to Events. They do not exist in the Excel Script file or Excel Events file.

When I reinstalled the game I upgraded it to version 1.10 which I believe is the most up to date patch.

I have been doing a lot of playing around with the editor and have made some scenarios based on ASL. Made a "Squad Leader" folder to hold all the new files and then included it in the "modules.dat" file. But I don't see how this could mess up an existing scenario. Just to be sure changed the "modules.dat" back to it's original form but it did not help.

Again thanks for the help. If you can think of anything let me know.
Jack

(in reply to asl3d)
Post #: 3
RE: Campaign 3 Human Wave Question - 5/14/2019 12:30:58 AM   
jcrohio

Just found the solution in an old post.

The solution I found in a post in Tech Support/Tank reinforcement not appearing on the
map dated 5/2/2014.

When you go to play the next scenario in your campaign do not start it from New
Game->New Campaign-> Human Wave (in this case). Instead start from Load Game->Load
Campaign->Open the Door (End). This is the scenario right before Human Wave. You will
get the end game screen for Open the Door and this will lead you into the next scenario
in this case Human Wave. Now the reinforcements come on as they are supposed to.

Good to have an answer.
Jack

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 4
RE: Campaign 3 Human Wave Question - 5/14/2019 6:47:08 PM   
asl3d

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcrohio

Just found the solution in an old post.

The solution I found in a post in Tech Support/Tank reinforcement not appearing on the
map dated 5/2/2014.

When you go to play the next scenario in your campaign do not start it from New
Game->New Campaign-> Human Wave (in this case). Instead start from Load Game->Load
Campaign->Open the Door (End). This is the scenario right before Human Wave. You will
get the end game screen for Open the Door and this will lead you into the next scenario
in this case Human Wave. Now the reinforcements come on as they are supposed to.

Good to have an answer.
Jack

Perfect Jack.

Remembering again what I did when I played the scenario and the campaign, I think I was saving the scenarios as the campaign developed. This I always do, as a security measure against any unforeseen failure of the AI. But in a campaign, there is no other solution, given that the campaign lasts for a long time, or at least it lasted for a long time to me.

All this I'm telling you to understand why it did not happen to me what happened to you. I simply did the right thing though, but really, just by chance.

Semper fidelis

(in reply to jcrohio)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> Campaign 3 Human Wave Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI