Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fuel and Ammo received for Axis Airbases.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Fuel and Ammo received for Axis Airbases. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fuel and Ammo received for Axis Airbases. - 5/7/2019 7:15:26 PM   
GoodbyeBluesky

I often find that my fighter or stuka groups run out of ammo/Fuel way before they reach 100% mission miles flown.
What is the best way to keep fighters flying as long as possible? Should I spread them around more as in roughly 80 or 90 planes max per airfield or is there another trick to increase the fuel and ammo gained during the logistics phase apart from keeping the TOE at close to 100%?

Any tips welcome :)
Post #: 1
RE: Fuel and Ammo received for Axis Airbases. - 5/7/2019 7:26:14 PM   
Telemecus

quote:

ORIGINAL: GoodbyeBluesky

I often find that my fighter or stuka groups run out of ammo/Fuel way before they reach 100% mission miles flown.
What is the best way to keep fighters flying as long as possible? Should I spread them around more as in roughly 80 or 90 planes max per airfield or is there another trick to increase the fuel and ammo gained during the logistics phase apart from keeping the TOE at close to 100%?

Any tips welcome :)

If you spread them then you will start getting even less fuel to them next turn.

There is a way to get round it described by this diagram

see post 937 here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4250683&mpage=32 for the explanation

see post 470 here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4250683&mpage=16 for a worked example

But it is complicated - so you may decide to take it easy and accept the lack of fuel?

< Message edited by Telemecus -- 5/7/2019 7:31:36 PM >

(in reply to GoodbyeBluesky)
Post #: 2
RE: Fuel and Ammo received for Axis Airbases. - 5/7/2019 8:01:47 PM   
GoodbyeBluesky

Thank you :) I will have a look at it and see if its easy to replicate. I would like to certainly increase the amount of flyable miles per fighter especially in turns where I do need to aquire an edge over the Red Airforce

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: Fuel and Ammo received for Axis Airbases. - 5/7/2019 8:26:46 PM   
GoodbyeBluesky

I had a look at it and this is ingenious and I am totally getting what you want to do! I had thought in a somewhat similiar direction by upping the need for the frontline airbases putting them at 4 fighter and 4 heavybomber squadrons to draw a higher requirement of fuel and ammo for the fighters and then sending the bombers back to airfields sitting way further behind the frontline but your method obviously makes way more sense.

Thanks a lot I will try it out in my ongoing games!

(in reply to GoodbyeBluesky)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Fuel and Ammo received for Axis Airbases. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI