Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Support Requirement Percentage

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Support Requirement Percentage Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Support Requirement Percentage - 5/7/2019 3:00:34 PM   
oldMarinePanzer

Team, what is the games "support requirement percentage" determined by the game engine? In other words, if I create a unit and add ground elements, for example tanks, artillery, infantry squads, engineers etc, then I go to the scenario main screen and select the "reset support" button in the units tab the game engine adjusts the "support" required and displays it on the units tab with the assigned support. In WitE this was done in the units tab. I found this must be done more than once in WitW to get to the final number, in other words adding additional support sometimes requires additional support to support the support :-) , so what is the algorithm or calculation used by the game engine, because adding for example 50 artillery pieces might require something like 71 additional support etc.
Post #: 1
RE: Support Requirement Percentage - 5/7/2019 7:31:35 PM   
Denniss

Each Ground element has a support requirement (set in ground types), this is multiplied by the number of elements a unit has on hand.
Plus there's in-unit support + support leased from higher-echolon HQ so a unit may show higher support available than ready support squads on hand.

(in reply to oldMarinePanzer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Support Requirement Percentage Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI