Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 1:01:40 PM   
joelmar

Hi everyone,

2019-05-14 - To all who already use it, I just posted an update fixing the average numbers, using a weighting by number of men in a unit. Please refer to the link below to download. To install, simply overwrite the files in your wamp www directory with the content of the .zip file ("Wite_Reporting_Engine_v1_3.zip"). I also updated the readme.txt file contained in the .zip.

New features:
v 1.3
fixed wrong averages

v 1.2
-added a new interactive and sortable report with averages and sums of subordinates by HQ's
-added "line" chart for the values on the "Game" page

For others please read on :-)

following the lead of the spreadsheets heroes (fetmun, Telemecus to name a few), being a web developper, I have decided a while back to develop a PHP/LAMP parsing engine using a mySQL database to help ease the burden of importing the data for spreadsheet treatment. This has evolved in a full reporting engine with data organised in pages listing games and turns and the different reports.

At the moment, it's main feature is an improved OOB with organisational diagrams of HQ's with their subordinate units (SU and CU), and sortable tables of each RAW data section contained in the Commander Report CSV export, easily accessible on a turn by turn basis. But I am currently working on other reports and it will become much more powerful in coming weeks and months.

To install and use it, you need to install a LAMP (or WAMP) web server on your PC first, but it's not rocket science. There is a detailed installation readme file in the .zip package.

Thanks to EvK who graciously created a spot for it in his Ressources Library, where it can be downloaded from a folder in his Google Drive.

For those who do install it, make sure to check this post often as I will update it each time I release updates for the app.

I would like to add that the potential of this engine is quite high. But being alone to work on it makes it a sluggish march at best... I would gladly accept the help of anyone who has knowledge of PHP, mySQL, Google Charts and Object oriented programming, please don't hesitate to PM me if you fit the bill and are interested. Of course I will also gladly give dues and honors to those who do participate

Here is the link to download, I really hope you guys enjoy it and that it will help you play!

LAST UPDATE: 2019/05/01

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10o-5upYigcqgUwcKtuihqH2qjVOYrgIU

< Message edited by joelmar -- 5/14/2019 4:11:59 PM >

"The bugle sounds as the charge begins
But on this battlefield no one wins!"
Post #: 1
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 1:18:40 PM   
Telemecus

Worth being repeated here!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

I have already told Joelmar that I saw a piece of software to create similar organograms being sold to a company for a six figure sum. So do not underestimate what would be the commercial value of what is being done here. Joelmar deserves high praise for what he is contributing here.

I have already generated a few reports for the 8MP game with this. But the interesting point for me is this could be a real framework for automating a lot of the spreadsheets and charts I and others do. And do it in a robust way that once coded does not need a spreadsheet nerd to repeat. I am excited by this as I can see the potential it has for being expanded to many other uses. WitP has a tracker - why does not WitE?

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 2
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 1:26:02 PM   
joelmar

Thank you Telemecus, it is indeed exciting and I hope will help to cover a big hole in this game that I otherwise love!

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 3
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 4:26:35 PM   
Telemecus

Screenshot of the engine uploaded on behalf of Joelmar

Attachment (1)

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 4
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 7:31:46 PM   
Bamilus

looks sweet, I love big data. Will have to check it out

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to Telemecus)
Post #: 5
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 9:37:52 PM   
thedoctorking

Do you have to start from turn 1? Let's say I have an ongoing game that I want to start reporting on.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 6
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/1/2019 9:40:22 PM   
fritzfarlig

working perfect +1

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 7
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/2/2019 4:16:20 PM   
joelmar

@thedoctorking: sadly yes, you have to start from turn 1. Permitting to start from later turns would have created holes in the program that I didn't want to deal with. And to be honest, I started on premisses that people would already have all their turns CSV exports available for games already in late stages. Data import in the Report engine is really fast and easy, so importing a lot of CSV's is not long, a matter of a few minutes and a little patience. But I see the problem if you don't have those Commander Report CSV exports already available in a folder somewhere.

@fritzfarlig: happy that you had no problem installing and like it! Updates are forthcoming, so keep track of this post!

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 8
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/8/2019 12:14:09 AM   
joelmar

Hello all, please note that I just released an update, and I updated this thread's original post, please refer to it for more info :-)

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 9
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/8/2019 6:31:46 AM   
fritzfarlig

quote:

ORIGINAL: joelmar

Hello all, please note that I just released an update, and I updated this thread's original post, please refer to it for more info :-)

no problems to start up the program
it s a super thing
where can I find the update and can I still working with my old data, but ok I still have all the reports

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 10
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/8/2019 1:48:20 PM   
joelmar

@fritzfarlig: Yes, you can work with old data. I won't do any updates that don't keep the old data, no worry for that.

The update is the new report "OOB by HQ's". It can be found in the turn reports page with the other reports.

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 11
RE: WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker - 5/14/2019 4:13:58 PM   
joelmar

I just posted an update with a correction of the averages. They are now weighted by number of men in a unit. Thanks to Telemecus for pointing me a better calculation method.

Please refer to the original post of this thread for the download link.

< Message edited by joelmar -- 5/14/2019 4:14:42 PM >

(in reply to joelmar)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> WitE PHP Reporting Engine and tracker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI