Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can I declare a side hostile during the game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Can I declare a side hostile during the game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can I declare a side hostile during the game? - 4/29/2019 8:10:17 PM   
fatgreta1066

When I shoot at a bogey that is unknown (yellow) or identified as neutral (green), that side's units or at least some of that side's units will then be turned red (hostile), but often will revert to either yellow or green status. Is there a way for me to force my forces to recognize a side that starts the scenario as neutral as hostile? Or to treat any unknown units as hostile? As I type this I think that the latter at least can be accomplished with 'weapons free,' but I may not want to engage every neutral unit, sometimes I want to only engage let's say Russian units that are considered neutral.

Thanks,

Chris
Post #: 1
RE: Can I declare a side hostile during the game? - 4/29/2019 8:47:32 PM   
RoryAndersonWS

Select a unit of the side you want to make hostile and press H on the keyboard. Also can right click on the contact too.

Command Developer, Warfare Sims.

(in reply to fatgreta1066)
Post #: 2
RE: Can I declare a side hostile during the game? - 4/29/2019 8:59:34 PM   
mikkey

Chris, there are other hotkeys in the Hotkeys window to change the contact status.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to RoryAndersonWS)
Post #: 3
RE: Can I declare a side hostile during the game? - 4/30/2019 12:31:58 AM   
fatgreta1066

Thanks, in Desert Storm scenario Alliances I donthat over and over and over again and the units for both Iran and Russia return to either neutral or unknown over and over again. Not very unit, as far as I can tell it’s just random. The problem I have with it is that I want my SAMs to automatically engage any USSR aircraft that come in range, but they often end bu becoming neutral again. The same thing happens with itanian units until, apparently, Iran declares me hostile.

Thanks,

Chris

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 4
RE: Can I declare a side hostile during the game? - 5/3/2019 2:31:37 AM   
rmunie0613

You also can create an exclusion zone, and set it so that every unit which violates it is declared either unfriendly or hostile. Air intercept still scrambles for unfriendly, just buzzing them unless they do something hostile, and of course actively engages hostile.

(in reply to fatgreta1066)
Post #: 5
RE: Can I declare a side hostile during the game? - 5/8/2019 2:16:33 AM   
fatgreta1066

Hm, interesting, I've never looked at what exlusion zones are. I'll work on that some, thanks.

(in reply to rmunie0613)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Can I declare a side hostile during the game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI