Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

new patch any year soon?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> new patch any year soon? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
new patch any year soon? - 4/29/2019 3:07:07 PM   
chaos45

So I know a new patch was in the works like awhile back and its been silent since then.

Any idea when the new patch might be released?

At least some minimal fixes like the 1 EXP per week issue needs to be returned to original EXP gain...even original exp gain was slow 1 per week is just dumb and not realistic at all.

The exp nerf hurts both sides but more so the soviets since it makes it extremely hard for them to even have a chance to survive 1941/42....and as the germans lose units later in the war it makes the units basically completely useless when reformed.

Post #: 1
RE: new patch any year soon? - 4/29/2019 5:05:20 PM   
xhoel

Asked the same thing a few posts ago and didn't get a reply. Agree with you about the exp thing, it is unrealistic and needs to be changed. If the new patch would just fix the experience gain bug and the NR bug I would be really happy.

AAR WITW: Gotterdammerung 43-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4490035
AAR WITE: A Clash of Titans 41-45
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488465

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 2
RE: new patch any year soon? - 4/29/2019 8:31:07 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: xhoel

Asked the same thing a few posts ago and didn't get a reply. Agree with you about the exp thing, it is unrealistic and needs to be changed. If the new patch would just fix the experience gain bug and the NR bug I would be really happy.

I would add the overkill by AA along with what you & Chaos wrote.

Space we can recover; time never

Napoleon

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 3
RE: new patch any year soon? - 4/30/2019 6:29:41 AM   
Chris21wen

Last I heard was morvael had other commitments and could not do as much.

(in reply to HardLuckYetAgain)
Post #: 4
RE: new patch any year soon? - 4/30/2019 4:46:40 PM   
thedoctorking

Yes, I'd love to see a new patch. I only recently discovered the exp bug after parking divisions back behind the lines to study up and finding them not as improved as I'd expected. I realize the devs have been prioritizing WitE2, but if that release is going to be delayed for some time yet - and they are still on alpha testing if I understand correctly - then this version needs to receive at least minimal fixes for serious bugs.

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 5
RE: new patch any year soon? - 4/30/2019 8:20:34 PM   
Red Lancer

The support to WitE and the development of WitE2 only has significant crossover with Denniss's work and when a WitE patch needs to be completed by Helpless for release.

At the code level WitE separated from WitW over 5 years ago and even WitE2 has now split its code from WitW. In other words WitE and WitE2 are on separate paths with separate support. The complexity means that you cannot easily jump from one to the other.

I've been working on some new GUI art for WitE2 recently and even here you find a lot of unused hangover back to WitE...that button did what?

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to thedoctorking)
Post #: 6
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/1/2019 12:37:07 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

The support to WitE and the development of WitE2 only has significant crossover with Denniss's work and when a WitE patch needs to be completed by Helpless for release.

At the code level WitE separated from WitW over 5 years ago and even WitE2 has now split its code from WitW. In other words WitE and WitE2 are on separate paths with separate support. The complexity means that you cannot easily jump from one to the other.

I've been working on some new GUI art for WitE2 recently and even here you find a lot of unused hangover back to WitE...that button did what?

My take away on this is, "don't hold your breath for a patch any time soon".

Napoleon

(in reply to Red Lancer)
Post #: 7
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/1/2019 7:57:51 AM   
xhoel

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

My take away on this is, "don't hold your breath for a patch any time soon".

Would be a shame if that is actually the case. At this point we aren't even asking for a new patch but for a simple bug fix of bugs that have been existing for around almost 8 months and that do affect gameplay quite a lot.

Post #: 8
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/1/2019 8:20:16 PM   
Red Lancer

Do not be pessimistic - the WitE 1.12.00 thread on the Dev Forum is alive.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 9
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/1/2019 9:45:48 PM   
xhoel

quote:

That cheers me up! Your morale rating should increase by 1 Red Lancer

(in reply to Red Lancer)
Post #: 10
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/2/2019 5:45:21 PM   
chaos45

Would be good to actually see the new patch published soon then as it must have been in works for quite awhile now.

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 11
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/2/2019 8:58:50 PM   
SparkleyTits

I don't mind waiting if their are behind the scene RL or other behind the scene issues as they should come first
I am glad to hear the forum is alive though

Thanks!

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 12
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/2/2019 9:14:54 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: xhoel

quote:

That cheers me up! Your morale rating should increase by 1 Red Lancer

Under the OLD rules the morale rating would have increased by a great deal more. Not under current ruleset. hahahaha

Napoleon

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 13
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/3/2019 8:47:47 PM   
morvael

The patch is mostly ready since November, but due to personal reasons I was not able to wrap it up It contains significant rework of the supply system, and I wasn't able to balance it properly without any testers...

A little sneakpeak, supply details of Soviet units stranded on the Oranienbaum bridgehead in Grand Campaign 1942. HQ is resupplied from local port. That makes some sense :) In 1.11.03 that HQ would be supplied from Kobona (small port on the mainland). Please note supply penalties are still dependent on distance from rail network, not the actual supply source. Units know they must conserve supplies when stranded away from supply trains.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by morvael -- 5/3/2019 9:02:01 PM >

Post #: 14
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/3/2019 8:53:17 PM   
morvael

As for bug fixes here are some:

#2 Fixed a bug where it was impossible to gain extra experience from training at the rear (recent combat experience was required for any extra gain).
#3 Fixed a bug where National Reserve was treated as an isolated air base for the purposes of air group fatigue reduction, limiting it to just 5%. National Reserve will be now better than supplied air bases for fatigue reduction (as intended).
#4 Fixed a bug where the bonus to Soviet construction values added in 1.08.00, was unintentionally removed in 1.08.05.
#12 Fixed numerous bugs related to fort construction and decay (including memory corruption). They should now also follow the rules as written more closely.
#15 Fixed a crash bug in the AI.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 15
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/3/2019 8:58:59 PM   
morvael

Another example of better supply system, isolated units and HQs are still able to draw supply from the cities in their pocket. 11th Army's rifle division (yellow one) is stranded in Bialystok pocket. It draws supplies from Grodno, which is 3 hexes away.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 16
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/3/2019 9:00:22 PM   
fritzfarlig

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 17
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/3/2019 9:03:57 PM   
xhoel

Thanks a lot for answering morvael! The new info on the supply screen looks really nice. It is always good to have additional info on hand.

Good to see the bugs have been fixed. Does the game track exp after combat separately? How would that work

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 18
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/3/2019 9:08:06 PM   
morvael

Participation in combat and killing enemy elements gives your elements some kind of experience "currency" that is later expended and converted to standard experience. Obviously units training at the rear didn't have that "currency" and their experience growth was minimal.

(in reply to xhoel)
Post #: 19
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/3/2019 9:09:06 PM   
morvael

New Feature #1 to go along the screenshots:

quote:

Supply system was rewritten. There is now only a single resupply phase, which occurs after replacements (so that newly added elements have a chance to recieve supplies), and before rail repair. Penalties reducing supply delivered to units should generally follow the manual. Rail capacity is no longer unlimited. Units far away from their HQ will no longer resupply from the same city as that HQ. Isolated units and HQs will now be able to resupply from cities or HQs to which they have access. Units and HQs with no overland connection to rail network, will now specify their local port as source of supply, not a distant city on rail. Vehicle and fuel use will be based on the actual path between unit and its HQ or city (not railhead), excluding the cost of sea hexes and ports (in case of cities supplied over sea). Cities not on rail will be able to draw resources (and return surplus resources) from those on rail. Certain penalties are now applied at city level, not unit level (Axis Rail Supply Modifier, First Winter Supply Modifier). Support units resupply now just like combat units, instead through them. Supply is now moved between cities and units in lbs instead of tons (1 ton=2000 lbs), which prevents smaller units to be in vastly better supply than larger units due to needs rounding. Unit supply detail window and supply information tabs in CR were rewritten to show as much details from the new system as possible.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 20
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/3/2019 9:36:37 PM   
morvael

Supply details explained:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 21
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/3/2019 10:18:37 PM   
thedoctorking

Wow, I love this. Great work, Moravel!

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 22
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/3/2019 11:00:14 PM   
SparkleyTits

Brilliant!

Post #: 23
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/4/2019 2:31:54 AM   
HardLuckYetAgain

Yeah, but the patch has been ready since Nov and it is May now. Plus he has no testers he said. So the question is still, "when will this patch expected to be released.

Thank you.

Napoleon

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 24
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/4/2019 2:33:15 AM   
thedoctorking

I wonder if we could have it as a beta patch?

Post #: 25
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/4/2019 4:32:06 AM   
SparkleyTits

If the devs said it is being worked on and is active then pushing for answers won't change any of the problems they are experiencing in pushing it through it may only cause them more undeeded stress

It's best to patient and thankful for what info we have been shown and that it is being worked on and that it is coming when it is ready
We're getting these updates at the expense of others very valuable time as this is purely an unpaid project put in place solely for our own entertainment, if I was in those shoes a lack of appreciation would wane at my motivation

There might well be issues in play that mean a time frame can't easily be given without possibly causing more problems/stresses or I imagine we would of been given a timeframe like with past updates!

Post #: 26
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/4/2019 5:20:11 AM   
56ajax

+1

The best way to get violently assaulted is to actively promote non violence.

(in reply to SparkleyTits)
Post #: 27
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/4/2019 8:09:36 AM   
chaos45

changes sound great, looking forward to seeing it. I mean the current patch has a fair amount of playtest games logged via AARs and comments right now and many of the glaring issues have been talked about.

Air Reserve issues, experience issues, port supplying all of AG South and so forth. An I'm sure some others I'm not specifically tracking lol.

< Message edited by chaos45 -- 5/4/2019 8:18:00 AM >

(in reply to 56ajax)
Post #: 28
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/4/2019 1:02:48 PM   
HardLuckYetAgain

If Chaos45 never started this thread asking about this patch we would have never known any more information. We all would have been complacent with status quo with only prayers that this would happen soon without bothering them. For gods sake we really heard "zero" word on the patch besides Morvael had real life issues on a thread I opened awhile back. I get it, we are all busy in life. But for zero word to come out on this for such a long time is a dereliction of duty.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil

Napoleon

(in reply to chaos45)
Post #: 29
RE: new patch any year soon? - 5/4/2019 4:20:20 PM   
EwaldvonKleist

Working title: WitE 3

That are promising changes morvael, as always highly appreciated work, especially given your RL committements. If you need testers and bugs hunters, I believe there are many people willing to help (including myself, although not before july)

It seems a number of documents in the library need to be rewritten when it is published.

< Message edited by EwaldvonKleist -- 5/4/2019 4:25:22 PM >

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> new patch any year soon? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI