Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thoughts on game...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Thoughts on game... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thoughts on game... - 4/21/2019 9:32:36 PM   
wodin

Now the initial buzz has worn off, I'm not to sure what I think about it. I think my lack of knowledge with regards to equipment doesn't help, however I find the battlefield so lethal that death seems to spread like the plague and before I know it all I have left is wrecks. It then starts to feel like a typical real time game, something that's never really been my thing. Very few realtime games have I warmed to, most of those I've found are a slower pace and less lethal like Close Combat 2 and Graviteam Tactics games. Here infantry feel useless and wiped out easily.

I am looking forward to future mods, something crazy like steam punk WW1 landships etc. Or a less lethal WW2 battlefield maybe.

Sadly at the moment it isn't one of my go to games. Though I do hope with future expansions and mods it does become a fav of mine.

Post #: 1
RE: Thoughts on game... - 4/21/2019 10:16:45 PM   
z1812

You can slow the game down by using this software. https://www.cheatengine.org/

I bought Steel Division Normandy 44, added the Storm in the West realism mod and slowed the game down a little so it feels more turn based than RT. I too am not a fan of RT games, however slowing them down to personal taste makes them quite enjoyable.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Thoughts on game... - 4/21/2019 10:54:26 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Now the initial buzz has worn off, I'm not to sure what I think about it. I think my lack of knowledge with regards to equipment doesn't help, however I find the battlefield so lethal that death seems to spread like the plague and before I know it all I have left is wrecks.

Have you tried 1960s, though?

In 60s you still have MCLOS ATGMs with accuracy of 50-60%. Kinetics also bounce a lot.

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Here infantry feel useless and wiped out easily.

Generally, don't use non-mech infantry. Cold War featured mass transition to mechanized infantry for a reason. Leg/truck infantry would usually be stuff like airborne, rangers, etc. - that is not normal units.
Use mech infantry and dismount it before they enter RPG range.

Infantry is almost necessary for spotting and engaging enemy infantry before it fires RPGs at your vehicles.

< Message edited by Perturabo -- 4/22/2019 7:30:30 AM >

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: Thoughts on game... - 4/22/2019 5:00:20 PM   
wodin

Thanks for advice

Perturabo please make my day and release your landship mod!! AB will be play ed much more if you do.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Armored Brigade >> Thoughts on game... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI